GD 1938 - and TO&E

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

ernieschwitz

GD 1938 - and TO&E

Post by ernieschwitz »

Well, after some coaxing, and some work by Webizen (Roy), who sent me an almost workable version of GD 1938, with TO&E included (thanks Roy), I decided to update GD 1938, to now include TO&E ability.

You read that right. TO&E and GD 1938, are now two abreviations you can use together. And it is now in the scenario bank.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
wolf14455

RE: GD 1938 - and TO&E

Post by wolf14455 »

[:D]
SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Attached is a starter TO&E file for this mod. It only contains an infantry and armor unit based on the German regime. To use download and then remove the .txt extension so it looks like GD1938.atgtoe and place in your savedgame folder. Use the import feature of the template designer to bring it into your game. Edit and add to it and then export for future use. I'd recommend current players of this mod share their {regimeGD1938}.atgtoe file with Ernie so he can compile a complete set of TO&E files for each regime for possible inclusion in a future update.
ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

Well, after some coaxing, and some work by Webizen (Roy), who sent me an almost workable version of GD 1938, with TO&E included (thanks Roy), I decided to update GD 1938, to now include TO&E ability.

You read that right. TO&E and GD 1938, are now two abreviations you can use together. And it is now in the scenario bank.
Attachments
GD1938.atgtoe.txt
(251 Bytes) Downloaded 43 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Thanks Ernie and Web glad to see that work is still being done on this most excellent MOD.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Have played gd 1938 a bit and loving it. Found thou that when trying to upgrade my infantry in to&e that rifleII is missing. And to jump to RifleIII isnt possible before 1943(im in 1939). So as it is now, the infantry will be manually reinforced during half the war and To&e is very convinient to help this out otherwize. I hope it get sorted soon. [:)]

I got a scenario question too. Historicly Germany(I play as Germany this time out)annexed Austria, Checkoslovakia all before sept 1939 without getting into war with any other nation. In this scenario I seem to automaticly be in war with France if I attack the Checks(sorry spelling) and if I attack Austria I get in war with Italy. I restarted from previos saves each time so Im not at war and Im now in june 1939. Is it an event that I have to wait for or am I not meant to get this countries incorporated into Germany before my attack on Poland? Germany really need this extra production that these countries provide if it gonna prepair proper before the world war begin I think.
SwedeWolf

wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

SMGII is also missing.
SwedeWolf

ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

You need to look into the diplomatics part of the game. Understanding that will help you gain control of Austria and Czechoslovakia, sometimes without a war. The game is not designed so you get them automatically, rather you have to pursue a certain course to get them the way it happened historically.

The country you end up at war with, when declaring against a minor, is the closest friend to that country. You can look up which they are by examining each minor (with a card, that is free to use).

Also please note, that while GD 1938 allows you to select using AI opponents, it is really not designed to do it. That is the AI will not do certain things, that it would be better for it to do, than not. Influencing minors one of them, or declaring war on minors. So running against AI opponents might be good practice, but not for what will be the experience with humans playing the game against each other.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Actually those SFTs you mention are not missing, they are just not researched yet, and thus not ready for usage. They can first be researched when a certain year has come. It is part of the game, and working as intended.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Ah, ok. I got that about the diplomacy but rifleII and SmgII is surely researched as I can produce them. Im in summer 1939 now)Thats why I mentioned that I need to move them manually to the units in need of them. Toe just ask the HQ for RifleI and SmgI but that production is automaticly upgraded to the higher lvl when I researched them. Cheers.

Have you done any ww2 scenario with just europe and the western desert. If so, what is the name of that scenario and does it have to&e? cheers [&o]
SwedeWolf

Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

If you have researched RifleII and have produced them then the TO&E feature will start fullfilling requests for Rifle with Level II riflemen. You don't have to do anything.
ORIGINAL: Swedewolf
Toe just ask the HQ for RifleI and SmgI but that production is automaticly upgraded to the higher lvl when I researched them. Cheers.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

I have made an ok scenario of that era in that area, called europe 1933, i think. It's not up to date, with anything, and it was a very early attempt of mine at scenario making, thus has very little code, and most of the work is in the map and different OOBs and SFTs and such. Not very fancy at all.

I can recommend that you try out Ian Murrays attempt at a good scenario for that area. I think you might find info on how to obtain it, if you go to the thread called another ww2 game (or similar) in which he presents it. It is very good to be honest. His user name is Icym. In case you want to send him a PM, if you cannot find it.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

ORIGINAL: Webizen

If you have researched RifleII and have produced them then the TO&E feature will start fullfilling requests for Rifle with Level II riflemen. You don't have to do anything.
Toe just ask the HQ for RifleI and SmgI but that production is automaticly upgraded to the higher lvl when I researched them. Cheers.
Ok, sounds good. The scenario is to good to just stop because of this. So you saying even if I cant shoose rifleII/smgII in the to&e when I create a new matrix, it still requesting any tech lvl of rifle/smg that the parent HQ got? Thats neat. But understand I get a little confused when other types is presented with their tech lvl researched. cheers
SwedeWolf

wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

I have made an ok scenario of that era in that area, called europe 1933, i think. It's not up to date, with anything, and it was a very early attempt of mine at scenario making, thus has very little code, and most of the work is in the map and different OOBs and SFTs and such. Not very fancy at all.

I can recommend that you try out Ian Murrays attempt at a good scenario for that area. I think you might find info on how to obtain it, if you go to the thread called another ww2 game (or similar) in which he presents it. It is very good to be honest. His user name is Icym. In case you want to send him a PM, if you cannot find it.
Nice, thanx alot. [:)]
SwedeWolf

wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Yup, my units do get reinforcement of right techlvl even thou I can select proper lvl in to&e. Great. [&o]
SwedeWolf

wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Got 2 observations to share about an excelent mod. Using cards on map always let me start out in the ocean. Cant it just be centered over the capital? minir issue thou.
second observation: Im playing a pbm with a mate and we play Germany and Russia and rest is on AI control. Each time its my turn(save sent by mail) the germans got no info for production and losses side I cant tell you about yet as we still at peace. The russian Human player get proper at start production info. Can this info be atained in game somewhere? Or could it easily be incoorporated later on in statistic?

Side note about Finland. I just got them as allies/german minor and my friend(russian player) asked directly how to solve their finnish winter war? To have this side war without getting into war with Germany can be solved with house rules I guess but that in case need an oportunity to make peace and the posibility to make war later again. Is that in the scenario? Also, Ive seen that alliance is possible between human players. Can we pretend a molotow/ribbentrop pact and still be able later to break this alliance and go to war?
SwedeWolf

Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Unless the modder has somehow prevented it human players can break an alliance with another human player.
Ive seen that alliance is possible between human players. Can we pretend a molotow/ribbentrop pact and still be able later to break this alliance and go to war?
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

ORIGINAL: Webizen

Unless the modder has somehow prevented it human players can break an alliance with another human player.
Ive seen that alliance is possible between human players. Can we pretend a molotow/ribbentrop pact and still be able later to break this alliance and go to war?

Ok, great. thanx
SwedeWolf

tortugapower

Post by tortugapower »

Hello, I know this may be something really obvious, but how does one get (download) GD 1938?
Matrix Games video tutorials:
Distant Worlds Universe
Advanced Tactics Gold
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

It is on the community site at: http://www.vrdesigns.net/community.php.
ORIGINAL: tortugapower

Hello, I know this may be something really obvious, but how does one get (download) GD 1938?
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
sarnold2222

NOOB needs help w TOE

Post by sarnold2222 »

I've read your explanation Webizen & Vic's how to, and am still clueless how to get this to work in GD 1938. Just opening the scenario and clicking the 2 relevant buttons simply does not do it.
"download and then remove the .txt extension so it looks like GD1938.atgtoe" isn't specific enough for me, sadly, since I have no idea what "GD1938.atgtoe should look like or where to find it.
Could we somehow get a Dummies guide? I would enormously like to use it because standard ATG, and GD1938, though brilliant, are still just a bit too tedious for me. I think this TO&E feature would be really fantastic, if I could ever get it to work.
Thanks in advance.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”