Screenshots

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

Peter Fisla

Screenshots

Post by Peter Fisla »

An example of the game in action... :)

Attachments
Cactusfarm.jpg
Cactusfarm.jpg (1005.35 KiB) Viewed 183 times
Peter Fisla

RE: Screenshots

Post by Peter Fisla »

Another example...

Attachments
Pershingo..hefront.jpg
Pershingo..hefront.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 182 times
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Thanks for the teaser shots!

Rick
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Appreciate the screens.

Where are any of the stats?
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

Appreciate the screens.

Where are any of the stats?

Stats are explained in the manual, though I'm not exposing the numerical values, formulas and shifts/odds tables. I want the player to focus on strategy and tactics rather than worry about and calculate shift/odds. If I expose the formulas, stats etc...then we will have never ending discussion about how things should be/shouldn't be done, I'm not getting into that.

Tigers on the Hunt is inspired by ASL but it is NOT ASL.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Stats are explained in the manual, though I'm not exposing the numerical values, formulas and shifts/odds tables.

Are they shown in the manual?

**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

Stats are explained in the manual, though I'm not exposing the numerical values, formulas and shifts/odds tables.

Are they shown in the manual?

All the information on the counters, yes.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

So it shows in the manual what the firepower range and morale/rally, all common characteristics in tactical games such as this and others, is for each type of squad?
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

So it shows in the manual what the firepower range and morale/rally, all common characteristics in tactical games such as this and others, is for each type of squad?

Firepower has letter...A is the best H is the worst. + - represents Assault Fire. Fire Range can be seen in the game, it's a visual tool that you can enable. Morale is assigned to Stars sprite for Squad,HF and Crew. Stars for Leader represents Leadership bonus. In addition, each personnel counter has it's class (Example, German nationality has six different kinds of Squads/Half-Squads: Waffen SS (Elite), Assault Engineers (Elite), Fallschirmjäger (Elite), 1st Line, 2nd Line and Conscripts) In addition, each personnel unit also has experience.

Personnel units can also have the following states: Good Order, Broken, Broken+ (Demoralized), Pinned, Wounded (Leader only) and out of command.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Thanks for the answers.

Good luck.
AZKGungHo

Post by AZKGungHo »

Wow this looks amazing! I wasn't going to even consider this and now I'm feeling hooked! Looks like you are sticking with the original SL concept of keeping things simple, one that ASL totally lost sight of.

Man - do you people want ALL my money?!?!?!?! [&o]
"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Once A Raider… http://tinyurl.com/89mfnnk
Getting Real - http://tinyurl.com/7zhcjlq
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org
AlessandroD

Post by AlessandroD »

It looks like a Squad Battles and ASL mix, we need more info [:D]
giffin

Post by giffin »

ORIGINAL: AlessandroD

It looks like a Squad Battles and ASL mix, we need more info [:D]

I agree looks like a combo of both games. I know there wont be a demo so I will just have to buy it and see how it plays. Just bought Conflict Of Heroes Storms Of Steel to keep me busy until this game is released.
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

The game is inspired by ASL...not SL :)
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

wodin

Post by wodin »

I think SB maps look better (Esp with the mods that are out there). I also like the fact in SB casualties are at the individual scale. For turn based tactical wargame apart from SP I still think SB remains unbeaten..and even that has issues that annoy me like abstract ammo which for me can ruin the game and no multi level buildings and finally it doesn't do armour in a great detail as it was really designed as an infantry wargame only.

Interested in seeing how this is received.
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Glad to hear its based on ASL!!! Greatest tactical wargame ever created! Good move!
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

Glad to hear its based on ASL!!! Greatest tactical wargame ever created! Good move!

You should have some fun then :)
pad152

Post by pad152 »

ORIGINAL: wodin

I think SB maps look better (Esp with the mods that are out there). I also like the fact in SB casualties are at the individual scale. For turn based tactical wargame apart from SP I still think SB remains unbeaten..and even that has issues that annoy me like abstract ammo which for me can ruin the game and no multi level buildings and finally it doesn't do armour in a great detail as it was really designed as an infantry wargame only.

Interested in seeing how this is received.

For me, JT's SB games to have way too many phases, where the player has little or no input. I do find it funny that games like WITP/WITE track losses down to a man yet, most of the tactical/squad level board game conversions don't.

Remember Combat Mission and the Close Combat Series both started out as computer ASL games. I'm just waiting on a game play video for Tigers on the Hunt to see how the phases work.

Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Eagerly awaiting those videos[:D]

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”