Civilians

The Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 is a new turn-based, tactical wargame that focuses on conflicts in the Middle East.

Moderator: Jason Petho

jreebel

Civilians

Post by jreebel »

How is it possible to move civilians out of an objective hex without firing or assaulting them? I should be able to shoo them away without bloodshed. Is there a way to forbid my units from using opportunity fire against them if they move or a non-civilian unit in the same hex fires or moves?
I'm trying to think, but nothing happens!
Curly Howard
Warhorse

RE: Civilians

Post by Warhorse »

Shift-move?
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Civilians are a whole new challenge.

You can usually remove civilians from a hex by assault wit a low assault value unit. If you use a high assault value unit, you're more than likely cause casualities - which goes against your victory level, of course.

Learning when and how to set OP-Fire for individual units in urban areas will be vital. You can't just not op-fire against civilians.

Jason Petho
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

As they move about, calling an air strike or an artillery strike on urban environment can be quite a disaster as well. As I have found out many times.
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
jreebel

Post by jreebel »

Well I moved one of my units with a 1 assault factor into the (village) hex and it eliminated all civilians. Can't get any lower than 1, right?
I'm trying to think, but nothing happens!
Curly Howard
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

I guess we can only conclude Civilians are quite a nuisance, always getting into a way of a good fight. In other words, this is all by design, there is no sure way to ensure no collateral damage happens.
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
headcount_slith

Post by headcount_slith »

I'm enjoying the added challenge of civilians. However, one incident in my last game did strike me as strange. In 'Long Road Home' I believe (it happened very quickly and I may have misread the situation) I lost a mortar unit and its transport when a group of civilians moved into their hex. Is this working as designed?
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Hmm, shouldn't have caused any casualties to your units, since they can't assault and don't have any attack values.

Would something else have been at play?
headcount_slith

Post by headcount_slith »

I've tried to repeat the incident. No luck so far. The foot civilians in that scenario do appear to have the assault ability though (it's listed when you F2 them).

Return to “Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985”