Toe, gold edition and new dawn with no WW2 scenarios?

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

wolf14455

Toe, gold edition and new dawn with no WW2 scenarios?

Post by wolf14455 »

Will there be game provided(non mods) ww2 scenarios with the new features? Is WAW (world at war) a mod or game scenario? If its a mod I probably not gonna get it when it using the new stuff as I cant get any scenarios from the modcentral. My hotmail is obviously the culprit for me as I cant get the activation code. I just bought the game because of the new stuff but to be stuck playing random maps to use them is a bummer if that is so.
SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59
wolf14455

RE: Toe, gold edition and new dawn with no WW2 scenarios?

Post by wolf14455 »

Got some question on the steam forum too. But its only half a day since entered.
SwedeWolf

ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Hey there...

What is your definition of mod? What is your definition of scenario?

In this game, i'd rather go by the idea of Masterfiles, and Scenarios. Masterfiles are the core rules, of the scenario. In the case of WaW (for ATG, there is one included in the download), it has a different Masterfile than the standard scenario generator provides, and it is a scenario too.

As for email(s). If you need to have one set up for you that works, gmail does. So do alot of others, but that is just an example. If you really need to have an email there are many ways to get one.

Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

re email: did you check your spam folder?

re game: all random games are based on WW2 era equipment. Bombur's mod takes that back to WWI era. These mod do not affect your ability to play the base game types that come with ATG.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

ORIGINAL: Webizen

re email: did you check your spam folder?

re game: all random games are based on WW2 era equipment. Bombur's mod takes that back to WWI era. These mod do not affect your ability to play the base game types that come with ATG.
Yup, I checked the spam folder. Nothing there. About mods and scenarios. I just ment that that mods was hard to get as I open up lots of email accounts over the years (gmail etc) and just for this and never again use them. But my hotmail Ive been using for ages. But I got som private msg here on matrix that might solve this problem not getting in an collecting good mods.
SwedeWolf

wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

Hey there...

What is your definition of mod? What is your definition of scenario?

In this game, i'd rather go by the idea of Masterfiles, and Scenarios. Masterfiles are the core rules, of the scenario. In the case of WaW (for ATG, there is one included in the download), it has a different Masterfile than the standard scenario generator provides, and it is a scenario too.

As for email(s). If you need to have one set up for you that works, gmail does. So do alot of others, but that is just an example. If you really need to have an email there are many ways to get one.

Hi [:)]
Mi meaning was just that Im guessing that scenarios is provided in game with every new patch but mods have to be collected in what I thought was excluded for me using hotmail.
My real consern is, can I play ww2 on proper map with all the new stuff, toe, leaders to HQ and cards in the decisionroom. Pls tell me how if thats possible. cheers
SwedeWolf

ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

To some extent it is possible.

Take my own mod (or scenario if you will): GD 1938.

It's a global scale scenario, that allows what-if situations for every nation among the BIG 8 (the 8 nations I chose to be playable by players) set in 1938, and running potentially to 1955 or so. It has Cards, Officers, Research and unique subformation types, to make your units from. It is still lacking a TO&E but I have a sneaking suspicion someone will convince me to make that abled too.

The case in point outlines pretty much the situation. You can as a modder add on all the pieces from the ATG patches if you will, and are able to do it. You can then share your creation with everyone, who in turn, if they want can add to it... etc.

ATG is as much a game, for some people, as it is a wargames construction kit.

WaW for ATG is another example, but it hasn't been developed on for some time, so things like TO&E and Officers are missing from it. That doesn't make it any less good, it just means it has limits.

Most mods however come up against one limit. The more complex you make the options the players have, the more time you need to work on the AI to be able to play it... and that can be quite the hassle. Sometimes it goes beyond a hassle, and you might as well make a new title (with the help of Vic perhaps) ...

Don't fret, there are alot of good mods/scenarios out there, and most (i think except 1 or 2) don't require you to overwrite anything... so your game will work as always, if the mod is not to your taste. The same goes for Scenarios of course too...
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Yeah I just checked out a mod called gd 1938 and I liked it alot. [:)] So it is you who created it? Nice. Can you then please, pretty please include the TOE. [&o] cheers
SwedeWolf

ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Wishes do come true. GD 1938 now has TO&E functionality added. Just download the new version, GD1938v221s, and it should work for you.

I can´t take full credit for creating GD 1938, i did have some very valuable help from Bombur. So, have to mention him too.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Yup just got it. Thanx alot both of you.
SwedeWolf

demyansk

Post by demyansk »

We just install the mod into a certain folder?

Thanks
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

--> How Mods Work <--
ORIGINAL: demjansk

We just install the mod into a certain folder?

Thanks
Tac2i (formerly webizen)

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”