The Matrix Holiday Sale is here!

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Sensei.Tokugawa

RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here!

Post by Sensei.Tokugawa »

I am trying to buy Flashpoint Campaigns with Germany Reforged addon - in both cases when I try to finalize the transaction the tax is added to the price. I know that Germany Reforged is not included in the discount, but how come that the tax is added to the Flashpoint Campaigns discount price. I mean I thought that the latest company policy is to display the price with the tax included and that was the way it worked when I bought Harpoon CE and CMANO : Northern Inferno before that.

You're sure it works as intended in case of Flashpoint Campaigns? The game is on sale at a discount price of 30 bucks and then another six or seven are added as a tax? Same with Germany Reforged - 20 american dollars plus tax? Moreover it seems that when I am trying to buy both of them together as a single transaction the overall sum reaches about 80 bucks which led me to a conlusion that for a mysterious reason unknown to me it's better to buy both items separately. Now I think there's really an issue and a bug with that last thing.
"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Burroughs do you live in California or Massachusetts? Both of these require us to add the tax unfortunately.

We're checking the cart to see if there is an issue, but it may be best to buy them individually until we have the chance to look in to it. Thanks for letting us know.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Sensei.Tokugawa

Thanks for the prompt reply - nay, I am in Poland, Europe.So am I to assume that the disocount price for Flashpoint Campaigns is 29,99 dollars plus tax and that is the way it is and was going supposed to be?

IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

The bug is fixed so try again now and you will see the correct price.

The tax should be included. If not please send us a screenshot to investigate. Thanks again for reporting.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Sensei.Tokugawa

Alright, I have just tried that and the same thing as previously reoccurs. On trying to buy a combo I am getting some 10 dollar tax added, the same situation happens when I try to buy Germany Reforged and Red Storm separately - the additional sum of money added to the initial price as a tax while trying to finalize the tranaction. I have made three different screenshots, but then they were either too large or too inaccurate regarding the detail level so I had to downsize it and am attaching only one which shows the situation in reference to Flashpoint Campaigns - the currency is PLN obviously.A little under 25 % more added as a tax no matter what
Attachments
RedStorm..800x450.jpg
RedStorm..800x450.jpg (150.66 KiB) Viewed 170 times

MI2AZ

Post by MI2AZ »

Thanks very much.

Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

As posted in another thread in the general discussions, I live in Portugal and I am also seeing an added 23% tax at checkout. Is this intended ?

If yes, it's quite a punch....[:(]
Former AJE team member
MI2AZ

Post by MI2AZ »

ORIGINAL: Daniele

Hi all,

I've edited the original announcement adding the DELETED BECAUSE OF SOME RULE ABOUT TENTH POST. It is completely downloadable!

I find this pdf version much easier to read and now I should be able to print it out as a check list. Thanks.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Try again - we think we've fixed the tax problem.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Try again - we think we've fixed the tax problem.

Hi, Iain

I am still seeing added VAT

I opened up a ticket at support and my fellow countryman Paulo is already looking into it.

Regards
Former AJE team member
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

Fixed, thanks [&o]
Former AJE team member
Sensei.Tokugawa

Same for me, I have just bought bothe the base game and the addon and am downloading them as we speak, the X-mas is going to be busy time on battlefields as usual as it seems. Thanks for addressing the issue in a truly professional manner, shopping here exciting as ever.

IanAinsworth

Post by IanAinsworth »

I'm dissapointed guys with the sale. Why you say - Well i bought three titles on 25th November - Decisive Campaigns-Barbarossa,Brother against Brother and Lock 'n' Load Heroes of Stalingrad. I was charged $54.99 for Heroes of Stalingrad and when i contacted customer support, was told that the sale didnt start till 26th November. Hmm - the flyer states 24th November and the forum here states 25th. When i contacted customer support, i mentioned that i wanted to buy three other titles in the sale and could they apply a 'credit' against these. I was told No

I've bought a good number of Matrix/Slitherine titles in the past and was told they cant do anything for me.

Massively dissapointed
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

The sale started after you bought the games and you did not think the games were on sale when you bought them. It's always frustrating to buy things and then find they go on sale but this is just part of life! :)

Sorry you are unhappy but there is no way we can offer a refund to people who bought before the sale started, for obvious reasons.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Sensei.Tokugawa

I bought Harpoon Ultimate Commander's Edition - the game that is long retired now and is not going to be developed any way apart from community imput - two weeks ago when I have already had CMANO with NI for quite some time and now I could get that for half the price.

As a matter of fact we both could have been wiser to wait and find out what would happen when the X-mas is near. Come on, I am all against corporate mentality, but there wasn't anything unfair about both situations. Everybody is happy to outsmart others, but the trick is to outsmatrt yourself or just not to get yourself fooled. Wargamers are a greedy breed and we both had butterfingers, that's the cost of the hobby you're dedicated to.

demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Ohhhhh, perhaps the customer can get a coupon, it's worth the ten bucks to keep a customer happy. It's Christmas time
mmogah

Post by mmogah »

how long does the holiday sale last ?[:'(][:D]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

The sale starts on November 25th until January 10th!
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

Why do the prices keep changing?

I've noticed the prices on Gary Grigsby's World At War Divided, For Liberty! and Germany At War Barbarossa 1941 change two or three times since the sale started. For example For Liberty! was £3.50 a few days ago but is currently £4.44.

Is VAT added or is it included in the price?
War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

maybe currency as it's all done in dollars tbh, and they have just (US) increased the exchange rate, but it's only a guess i don't know for 100% sure
The U.S. Federal Reserve raised interest rates Wednesday
maybe?
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”