Can't Rebuild Land Unit.

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

chazz

Can't Rebuild Land Unit.

Post by chazz »

I have a marine division that I divided, the elements went on various ops and then I brought them back together; now I cant rebuild the unit despite all the units being together, no loose fragments of the unit and all in the same ops mode.

Any clue why this is happening?
=================================
Thank you for your replies and advice!!

"If you're in a fair fight, then you didn't plan it properly" - Nick Lappos
Admiral DadMan

RE: Can't Rebuild Land Unit.

Post by Admiral DadMan »

2 things to check:

1. Are they in the same op mode?
2. Are they in the same HQ?

Both of those conditions must be met for fragments to be combined/re-combined.
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
koniu

Post by koniu »

ORIGINAL: chazz

I have a marine division that I divided, the elements went on various ops and then I brought them back together; now I cant rebuild the unit despite all the units being together, no loose fragments of the unit and all in the same ops mode.

Any clue why this is happening?
Probably they have different devices. It is passable that one fragment already upgraded equipment or squads and other fragments not.
Look for "=". It show squads/devices that can be upgraded.

Also look in what HQ they are. It must be the same for all fragments.

You can also post screen shots of fragments to help us find why they dont want to rebuild.
"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

The above info is all correct.
Check to see if one of the regiments has upgraded with better, newer equipment. Once you spot it, at the bottom left mark "Do not upgrade".
This will allow the other regiments to upgrade to catch up.
I keep them all stacked and in heavy supply, same mode,(training)..
At the end of each turn, your event reporter tells you which units have upgraded.If you have really been able to identify the one which has upgraded, you might write down the Rgt numbers of the ones which have no upgraded and catch them once they do upgrade.
Then, mark them to "not upgrade" as you did the first.
Sorry to say but I have waited as much as 2 full months before I was able to put an entire division back together again.
American units get their stuff first and easiest, so your Marines should not need wait for too long.

chazz

Post by chazz »

same command, same op mode. I hadn't considered the upgrading issue. Thanks for that.

EDIT: close examination reveals that one of the three subdivisions of the unit has upgraded to a 57mm AT gun while the other two are sporting the 37mm type. There's no = symbol on the TO&E so I don't know. If one unit upgrades I assume the others eventually will.

Somewhat annoying but c'est la guerre.

JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

same command, same op mode. I hadn't considered the upgrading issue. Thanks for that.

EDIT: close examination reveals that one of the three subdivisions of the unit has upgraded to a 57mm AT gun while the other two are sporting the 37mm type. There's no = symbol on the TO&E so I don't know. If one unit upgrades I assume the others eventually will.

Check how many 57mm guns you have in the pool. You need at least the same number that the unit has in order to upgrade.
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Pretty sure a '*' will tell you an upgrade is possible. A '=' means there are enough devices in the pool to allow the upgrade. No '=' means no upgrade.

A little late obviously, but one thing I do is set divided units to 'no upgrade' to avoid this possibility.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
guytipton41

Post by guytipton41 »

ORIGINAL: m10bob

Check to see if one of the regiments has upgraded with better, newer equipment. Once you spot it, at the bottom left mark "Do not upgrade".
At the end of each turn, your event reporter tells you which units have upgraded.If you have really been able to identify the one which has upgraded, you might write down the Rgt numbers of the ones which have no upgraded and catch them once they do upgrade.
Sorry to say but I have waited as much as 2 full months before I was able to put an entire division back together again.
American units get their stuff first and easiest, so your Marines should not need wait for too long.

Hi Folks,

For an Indian division I have waited the best part of two years to get the regiments all to the same equipment level. Darn those 25 pounder guns that you get so few of. I eventually had to start stockpiling the guns on the industry tab until I had enough and then turn off upgrades for all nationalities (Aus, NZ, Brit, Ind, CW) except for the one unit that I was waiting to upgrade. A very painful lesson.

Cheers,
Guy

Attachments
25lb.jpg
25lb.jpg (7.37 KiB) Viewed 48 times
chazz

Post by chazz »

So I stockpile the 57mm's so they go to the unit I want them to? That would make sense- building up the # so they don't go out in penny packets.

jmalter

Post by jmalter »

chazz, you've got it right - set your 57 ATs to stockpile. When your produced guns equal or exceed the # you need, turn that stockpile off.

But at that same time, you must turn off all upgrades / reinforcements to all other LCUs that might be wanting the device. USArmy units are looking for guns from that same production, Chinese units might also share the pool.
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

IIRC, at the beginning of loading the game, you may go to "preferences" to turn off those upgrades, and then once you load the scenario, manually turn the one "problem" unit back to upgrade.

(Thank God for spellcheck, LOL)

btd64

Post by btd64 »

One of the reasons why I start every game with automatic upgrades and replacements off....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: guytipton41

ORIGINAL: m10bob

Hi Folks,

For an Indian division I have waited the best part of two years to get the regiments all to the same equipment level. Darn those 25 pounder guns that you get so few of. I eventually had to start stockpiling the guns on the industry tab until I had enough and then turn off upgrades for all nationalities (Aus, NZ, Brit, Ind, CW) except for the one unit that I was waiting to upgrade. A very painful lesson.

Cheers,
Guy

Yes, you have to be very careful about using the stockpile button with all commonwealth units. Not just the 25 pounder that is a problem. 3 in mortars, bren gun carriers, armored cars and especially tanks. You certainly want to have upgrades off for any unit that is going to leave the theater. Nothing like watching a batch of hard to get grant tanks leave the theater.

For the Americans it is really only the 57mm gun that is a problem. Most other devices and squads they have plenty of.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Don't be afraid to break down a New Zealand or Canadian brigade to get some more 25 pounder guns. It really is of greater importance to fill out your divisions first. And you get the added benefit of buying out the returning units very cheaply when they come back in 180 days and have nothing in them.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”