Refit phases in logistic report

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

MrBlizzard

Refit phases in logistic report

Post by MrBlizzard »

In the logistic report there are 2 distinct phases for refitting units (listed before the phase for normal replacements).
Why there are 2? How do they work?
I coudn't find anything in the manual.
Blizzard
morvael

RE: Refit phases in logistic report

Post by morvael »

There are now actually 3 phases. Refit A (for those units you put on refit manually), Refit B (for those units that are assumed to be on refit permanently like HQs and support units attached to HQs and air bases). Then there is normal phase for the rest.

Units on refit can get access to greater share of available resources than their number suggests (in relation to the rest of the army), so you can bring them up to strength faster (or at all, if there are shortages). Do not put too many units on refit because then it will lose its value. Make sure those units are not in contact with enemy, and put them in well supplied place (like working rail).
MrBlizzard

Post by MrBlizzard »

Clear,
thanks [:)]
Blizzard
proflui

Post by proflui »

Can someone show me how to read the log sheet also? For instance, what are "ready", "damage", "wanted", "built", "conv", "added", "back", and "lost" mean? Thanks for any help.
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

most of the terms relate to elements going between units and the pool and wanted means how many of X units need or want.

I think there is a detailed explanation in one of the update changelogs
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

ORIGINAL: proflui

Can someone show me how to read the log sheet also? For instance, what are "ready", "damage", "wanted", "built", "conv", "added", "back", and "lost" mean? Thanks for any help.
ready in units
damaged in units
reported as missing in units
built this turn
converted this turn
added to units this turn
sent back to pool this turn
(damaged elements) repair failed thus considered as lost, some manpower regained and rest split between killed and disabled
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
proflui

Post by proflui »

Thanks for the information!
morvael

Post by morvael »

To be fully precise "built this turn" and "converted this turn" are numbers from given replacement phase only, they do not include number of built during predictive building stage (just before replacements) and converted directly in the pool (also happens earlier).

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”