Issue with space key in combat window

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

gunnergoz

Issue with space key in combat window

Post by gunnergoz »

I've gotten used to using the space key as a sort of escape key for most map functions related to movement in particular, however I've been smacked two or three times by the fact that when I'm assessing a potential battle and I need to cancel/back out of the attack setup window, I cannot use the space key to do so because the space key actually executes the battle. Any way this can be addressed?
"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying
willgamer

RE: Issue with space key in combat window

Post by willgamer »

I'm tripped over this more times than any other ui quirk.

Please make the space bar consistently = escape.

Rex Lex or Lex Rex?
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi,

The space bar is designed to be a confirmation action as in 'yes I want to do this'.

However it's the ESC key which is for backing out as in 'no, I don't want to do this'.

The space bar doubles up as an ESC key in movement as it's a high frequency action. We could disable this ability to be consistent but it's a handy one to have.

If you think of SPACE as 'YES' and ESC as 'NO' you shouldn't have any problems.

Cheers,
Cameron

gunnergoz

Post by gunnergoz »

Thanks for your reply, Cameron. I get the convenience of the SPACE=ESC for movement but I'm one of those guys...you know the type: "Consistency is the bane of small minds." I think of the enter key as YES and the ESC as no so this SPACE=yes is a new twist. I can live with it but it will continue to bite me during late night games when I get into my groggy trance state and forget I'm not in movement mode. :)
"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

Is it not possible to give us the option to remap keys ?
Former AJE team member

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”