New Slitherine PBEM++ Error

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

drhyed

New Slitherine PBEM++ Error

Post by drhyed »

Other person is using Steam BUT I havent been able to complete a PBEM++ turn since the update, I am running the latest "b" update, It has happened in multiple games and senarios we have attempted.

Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (29.38 KiB) Viewed 118 times
a1ml3ss

RE: New Slitherine PBEM++ Error

Post by a1ml3ss »

Hi I am having the same error, seems like a problem with the updater? I have uninstalled the game, reinstalled and reapplied the 10.0.1b update but still getting this in my game. I have a bug report that I ahve saved, but its not letting me post it on here (something about phone numbers). Happy to send it if someone thinks it will be useful.
drhyed

Post by drhyed »

As a small update, If I originate the game I get this error and if I join the game my initial setup acts like it saves but in reality doesn't, each time I enter the game I start over
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Guys, try downloading this exe and see if 1) it shows as 2.0.10b and 2) runs for you guys. We are still looking at some weird installer behavior and need to chat with Matrix/Slitherine folks on it, but the holiday is going to disrupt that effort for a few days. Here's the link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76610545/FPRS.zip
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
drhyed

Post by drhyed »

I tried it and it didnt work for me, I get the top "Ok" box first then the lower portion of the screen 2nd. When I click that "Ok" box did just seems to refresh/reload the screen and I need to use Task Manager to exit the program.
Attachments
error2.2.jpg
error2.2.jpg (42.09 KiB) Viewed 120 times
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Are you getting to the main menu before having the problem? Do you also have Reforged loaded? And to get these questions out of the way; OS? Screen Resolution? Font Scaling? Just to cover all the bases. [;)]

drhyed

Post by drhyed »

When I use the EXE you sent I do not get to the main menu before I have the issues, yes I have reforged loaded, I use the game on windows 7 "as downloaded/from cd" not through steam, resolution is 2560x1080 and font scaling is smaller - 100%
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Was the exe copied into the main game folder? What error are you getting now? Do the animations run? Next thought would be to uninstall the game, reload Red Storm and update to 2.0.10b. Then copy over the new exe from above. Do not load Reforged. Test to see if you can start and play the game. I would also use the "Run as Admin" option when installing. Let's see if we can get the core game running then go after Reforged.

ultradave

Post by ultradave »

I have the same problem - game with a1ml3s who posted above. Whichever of us starts the PBEM++ game, when I make my setup and first move as NATO and send it he gets the error. When he starts the game with the same parameters and posts it when I try to open it I get the error. I am able to log in to Slitherene, everything looks right until you hit play.

I have a new (early 2015) MacBook Pro with Parallels Desktop. I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 within Parallels and the problem appears in both OS's. I have not noticed any issues with solo play at all.
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Any additional information or screen shots of errors you guys can give us helps. Thanks.

a1ml3ss

Post by a1ml3ss »

Capn Darwin - I've got a bug report saved, but this website wont let me post the content (thinks its phone numbers or something). Is there an email I could send it to?
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Sure, send it to capn.darwin@windstream.net. I'll forward it on to Rob to review.

drhyed

Post by drhyed »

Using the exe you provided with a fresh install with the b update and no reforger got me this new error code
Attachments
error3.jpg
error3.jpg (36.38 KiB) Viewed 127 times
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

drhyed, can you get us a full screen shot? Rob wants to see want you are doing at the point that error pops. Thanks.

HybridSpyda

Post by HybridSpyda »

Hello Everyone,

For non-Steam users:
We have now found the issue in the files that were being delivered; if the user had Flashpoint Campaigns: Germany Reforged installed then the exe was incorrectly being omitted in the install process.

This has now been resolved.
The automatic updater will now deliver a file named as "FlashpointRedstorm-UpdateComp-v2010d.exe" but will still display "Version 2.0.10b" in-game. You can also download this patch directly from here.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to yourself and anyone else experiencing problems with this patch.
Please update and let us know if you're still experiencing issues with the PBEM++ service.

Many Thanks,
Happy Gaming!
Matthew Ravenwood

QA & Operations Manager

IronManBeta

Post by IronManBeta »

Gentlemen - If anyone who has updated to the latest "D" installer is still having this problem then please post here. I am still very interested in following up if the problems have not gone away.

Thank you, Rob C
a1ml3ss

Post by a1ml3ss »

Good work, myself and ultradave are away
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Yup. Was just going to post that myself. Both of us on 10d, and things are working normally. Thanks for the fixes!
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Thanks for your help and patience while we got it all sorted out. Enjoy the game and let us know if you have any questions or problems.

drhyed

Post by drhyed »

I have been unable to get a PBEM++ game to work even with the "d" patch, I think we are going to try a PBEM classic and wait for 2.0.11, about how long do you think the wait will be?

Return to “Tech Support”