AIR TPs disappearing

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

AlbertN

AIR TPs disappearing

Post by AlbertN »

To put it simply - 2 Italian ATS lifted up 2 German paras, from Taranto to Salonika; and then unloaded, and then the ATS moved on to that port in Bulgaria (There is the OIL there)

They never "made it" to the Bulgarian hex.

We played on til the end of the turn BUT the two ATS remain in the "Moving" limbus (that is from "All units in game" screen).

So we have to reload 3-4 impulses back and see to move them again.

Attachments
BUG.jpg
BUG.jpg (703.95 KiB) Viewed 32 times
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: AIR TPs disappearing

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Cohen

To put it simply - 2 Italian ATS lifted up 2 German paras, from Taranto to Salonika; and then unloaded, and then the ATS moved on to that port in Bulgaria (There is the OIL there)

They never "made it" to the Bulgarian hex.

We played on til the end of the turn BUT the two ATS remain in the "Moving" limbus (that is from "All units in game" screen).

So we have to reload 3-4 impulses back and see to move them again.

With a saved game, any beta tester should be able to 'fix' your game.

What version were you running? If this is reproducible, then I would like to have a saved game.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
AlbertN

RE: AIR TPs disappearing

Post by AlbertN »

Currently playing with 2.1.0.

We moved on from the scene with a jump back and I worked around the bug - which is not what it seems.
To put it simple, the Air Transport movement consisted in 3 phases for me (in this case the Paras were stacked already with the AirTPs).

Loading the units and moving to the unload hex. (That goes smooth).

Then there is phase 2 where you can unload the troops at the destination hex. -- IF I choose to not unload the troops (as per to keep transporting them of another amount of hexes and land where the plane ends its movement) the planes just disappear. IF I choose to unload the troops - the system allows me to move planes in this phase (Which is what I originally did) and that locks the planes in the "Moving" limbus. ((I realized only after, in the tinkering to fix it - that I should end the Unload phase by pressing the end phase button. The issue is that it let me move planes in that phase too)).

Then there is the last phase where your planes get back to base (as per land. Which does not work IF you opted to not unload the troops earlier on; I'd have gladly got the paras already where I needed in 1 impulse instead of having them land in Salonika, and then rail them the next impulse to where the ATP landed).

Return to “Tech Support”