Why can't we see which are the unit subordinate/HQ units ?

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

mantrain

Why can't we see which are the unit subordinate/HQ units ?

Post by mantrain »

You know how in Wite, oand many other games when you click on a unit you get the lines connected to subordinate/superior units so you know if you move you are going to stay in supply, etc? Is there some setting to click on units in the map to see who their HQ and subordinates are? also what is the rule for staying in supply to HQ etc? I dunno, so far I do not see what this game as got that Wite does not. I still think Wite is the end all for this theatre, IMHO. If you don't like air for example you can turn in the AI, etc. okay my last point is off topic but I think playing this game just makes me want to fire up Wite again. just sayen.
elmo3

RE: Why can't we see which are the unit subordinate/HQ units ?

Post by elmo3 »

It's a big help that when you click on an HQ the subordinate divisions are highlighted. I wish too that when you clicked on a division it would highlight the HQ.

Edit - Never mind, I see it now.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (184.79 KiB) Viewed 52 times
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (199.11 KiB) Viewed 52 times
mantrain

Post by mantrain »

okay so as far oas the map goes u click on the HQ, but not the other way around
Queeg

Post by Queeg »

Also, if you turn on the "HQ Power Range" option (see the screenshot of the Options panel above), a selected HQ also will show its command range.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

yes, which is good and imo should be the default one used as command radius means bonus and other stuff

div's that stay and fight together, live longer and support each other better, on there own, there weaker than they otherwise could be
mantrain

Post by mantrain »

I also notice after the first move I lost PP since some units moved outside their designated theater of operation. but how do you know what that is?
Queeg

Post by Queeg »

ORIGINAL: mantrain

I also notice after the first move I lost PP since some units moved outside their designated theater of operation. but how do you know what that is?

The red hash lines on the map show the theaters of operation.

EDIT: Look at the screenshots in the "Historical Flags and Symbols mod version 1.0" thread in the Mods forum. Several of them show the theater boundary markers.
stonestriker

Post by stonestriker »

ORIGINAL: mantrain

When selecting a unit for movement, then own theatre hexes are shaded white, while other hexes are shaded red. And you can see them as Queeg describes (except at certain river lines, but they should be fairly obvious)
DC3 Bug Spotters Gold Logie award

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”