Paging WitpAE owners / managers

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

bretg80

Paging WitpAE owners / managers

Post by bretg80 »

As the creator of CombatReporter I would like to integrate it with WitpAE using the same API that WitpAE tracker does. I am not trying to compete or replace tracker, but I would like to get some of the same kinds of information that is available to that tool and provide it in CombatReporter.

I tried to no avail back in 2010/11 to get permission to do this to no avail. Is there anyone out there in WitpAE land who can help me with this request?

I'll be back
witpqs

RE: Paging WitpAE owners / managers

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: bretg80

As the creator of CombatReporter I would like to integrate it with WitpAE using the same API that WitpAE tracker does. I am not trying to compete or replace tracker, but I would like to get some of the same kinds of information that is available to that tool and provide it in CombatReporter.

I tried to no avail back in 2010/11 to get permission to do this to no avail. Is there anyone out there in WitpAE land who can help me with this request?

There is a different route possible - Damien and Floyd have said it's easy to read the tracker database (I haven't tried yet). I believe as part of their agreement with Matrix they are required to respect FOW so by going through their database FOW remains intact, too. Give them a shout.
bretg80

Post by bretg80 »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

ORIGINAL: bretg80

There is a different route possible - Damien and Floyd have said it's easy to read the tracker database (I haven't tried yet). I believe as part of their agreement with Matrix they are required to respect FOW so by going through their database FOW remains intact, too. Give them a shout.

Thanks, I have looked at that option as well, but I would like CR to be independent of tracker so that people who don't want to install tracker can still use the tool. Also, they update tracker quite frequently and that may entail a lot of maintenance on my part to stay in alignment with them. Let's see if they have had any thoughts on this over the past few years. If I can't use the APIs then I may align with tracker or I may just provide what I can from the report files the game outputs.
I'll be back
Trugrit

Post by Trugrit »

I would say keep CR independent.

I run Tracker and CR at the same time and they complement each other very well already.
I would say don't worry about alignment with Tracker.

Attachments
Tracker2.jpg
Tracker2.jpg (416.53 KiB) Viewed 69 times
"A man's got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”