ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Zorch

ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent

Post by Zorch »

'Experts from the Royal Navy have managed to destroy a Second World War German mine in the ocean.

Footage released by the Royal Navy shows the explosion sent a huge plume of dirty water almost 1,000ft into the air.

The mine was found on the seabed of the the Solent, just a mile off Southsea, near Portsmouth, on Thursday. A crane barge made the discovery whilst dredging along the seabed.

The Royal Navy moved the bomb to open waters off Bembridge, on the Isle of Wight. Here, the team detonated the bomb in controlled conditions.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 52471.html
Dili

RE: ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent

Post by Dili »

Big mine.
Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

Mine?

Attachments
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (496.41 KiB) Viewed 50 times
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

'Experts from the Royal Navy have managed to destroy a Second World War German mine in the ocean.

Footage released by the Royal Navy shows the explosion sent a huge plume of dirty water almost 1,000ft into the air.

The mine was found on the seabed of the the Solent, just a mile off Southsea, near Portsmouth, on Thursday. A crane barge made the discovery whilst dredging along the seabed.

The Royal Navy moved the bomb to open waters off Bembridge, on the Isle of Wight. Here, the team detonated the bomb in controlled conditions.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 52471.html

A very graphic demonstration of the damage these things could do. Also a great video. [8D]

War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
Mistmatz

Post by Mistmatz »

Five... Four... Boom.

Clearly something is wrong with the audio... [:D]
If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_th ... ition_Wiki

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”