Courier system not working properly at higher ranks

Forum dedicated to the Scourge of War Game set during the Napoleonic Wars. Scourge of War: Waterloo follows in the footsteps of its American Civil War predecessors and takes the action to one of the most famous battles in history. It is by far the most detailed game about the final battle of the War of the Seventh Coalition.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

stuka80

Courier system not working properly at higher ranks

Post by stuka80 »

Hello everyone, just bought the game a few days ago, having a blast. However, the courier system doesn't seem to be working. It works fine at brigade level where i issue a command to the brigade officer and he relays it back to everyone under him. But once i send courier orders to division commanders and up, they follow the orders by themselves but their units do not follow the orders and just stay idle. Am i doing something wrong or is this a bug? It makes playing large battles especially at corps or army level impossible.
zakblood

RE: Courier system not working properly at higher ranks

Post by zakblood »

have you done the tutorials? and is it a site version or steam?

patched to latest version?

thanks[&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
stuka80

Post by stuka80 »

thanks for the quick reply, its steam version and as far as i know its up to date. i've played the tutorial when i first got the game. i'll replay it in case i missed anything. But you're saying that the courier system works at division level and up right?
Nico165b165

Post by Nico165b165 »

That's probably because you're playing a scenario where all officers are TC'ed. You need to unselect "take command from AI" before an officer follow the orders from his hierarchy. Most bigger scenarios have all officers TC'ed at the start.
stuka80

Post by stuka80 »

Thanks for the suggestion! i'll try that out!

Return to “Scourge of War: Waterloo”