Game locking up

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Vic

kfmiller41

Game locking up

Post by kfmiller41 »

Well I have tried 4 separate times to play this but each time it either locks the screen at start menu or during the first turn. Have to ctr alt Del out and close the program and I get a not responding message. Windows 10, i7-4770 with 16 gb memory and gforce 980 video card.

Help
You have the ability to arouse various emotions in me: please select carefully.
zakblood

RE: Game locking up

Post by zakblood »

same spec as me, but a differnt VGA card, so first lets see, version number on windows 10 is latest 10.586.14 version 1511

default install is to C:Matrix Games / Decisive Campaigns Barbarossa?

latest game version is 1.00c

what driver version are you using for your Nvidia card?

what error message does it give, if any? you can check this is event viewer tbh

did you install all the bits from the read me?
Also, ensure that you have the latest video and sound drivers available for your system and that you have upgraded to the latest version of .Net Framework from Microsoft. The vast majority of reported problems are resolved by upgrading all drivers and .Net to the latest versions.

as it's needed even if you have a later version, game version still needs installing etc

i'm not support either, just a member like yourself, so if you wish to wait for tech support, they may ask you some of above as well, good luck, sorry for your issues

Directx Dialog file:

This file contains detailed information about your hardware and driver software. It can help us identify particular problems with your setup.

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

tm.asp?m=3976362

^^ also some or most Anti virus software can or could cause problems when installing or running the game, add it to your safe list if needed, to get around that...
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (109.37 KiB) Viewed 105 times
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: miller41

Well I have tried 4 separate times to play this but each time it either locks the screen at start menu or during the first turn. Have to ctr alt Del out and close the program and I get a not responding message. Windows 10, i7-4770 with 16 gb memory and gforce 980 video card.

Help

The dxdiag file would be helpfull.

Also make sure it is not installed in the programfiles directory.

Furthermore did you try to close down all other programs you might have running (like anti-virus software)?

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
kfmiller41

Post by kfmiller41 »

Zakbloods advice did the trick, apparently the video card drivers were not the latest and as soon as I updated them it stopped doing the lock up thing, thanks a lot for your help.
You have the ability to arouse various emotions in me: please select carefully.

Return to “Tech Support”