Man it's a good thing I back up my games.

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

aaatoysandmore

Man it's a good thing I back up my games.

Post by aaatoysandmore »

I went to Plimus to see my orders and out of like 6 maybe 7 games I've ordered from them and only TWO showed up.

I was reinstalling Distant Worlds and I couldn't find the Shadows expansion in alpha order. Kinda weird that also as it starts with a D but didn't show up with all the other Distant Worlds expansions and first released game. I didn't realize till today there were 4 releases of that game.

Fortunately I had all the info and dates and I just set my drive up to when last the game was modified or downloaded and there it was all nice and toasty for me.

Doesn't look like Plimus is very good for keeping records of your purchases. I been using the same credit card for years now so I know it's not a problem with buying the games on another card.
zakblood

RE: Man it's a good thing I back up my games.

Post by zakblood »

you cant beat a ages old print out, as post it away somewhere safe, as it's only one piece of paper, with all the info on it s/n and order number, sorted
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Hotschi

Post by Hotschi »

That's why they sell external hard-disks for example, they're excellent for backing up all purchases and anything one might think of.
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Maybe you have bought them before Plimus/Bluesnap was our e-commerce partner or you have used a different email address for placing the order.
Anyway, it's always better to contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk or open a helpdesk support ticket, we are much more efficient and quicker than them in locating orders.
As long you have the correct email address (preferably the order reference number) we should be able to find them.
If you register the games in your account it will also help us to track them.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

You guys just need a better customer support feature when it comes to storing games and the re-downloads. I can't see why you can't put the re-download links in our members page right next to the game code?
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

[>:]

Attachments
muricafatmayday.jpg
muricafatmayday.jpg (60.19 KiB) Viewed 112 times
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

rescinded
Attachments
14481.jpg
14481.jpg (33.67 KiB) Viewed 112 times
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

If you sign in Members Area, there is a link you paste in that has my orders back to Battles in Italy. It's a "press" link, so don't want to paste it here. But it's been a big help. Especially when I erased all my backed up exe's on my external drive that's supposed to protect them [:(]
Waffenamt

Post by Waffenamt »

It's always good to check your Members status once in a while (and doesn't that sound *just* bad in a lot of ways!), like whenever you make a purchase or if not, every once in awhile. Drives will fail, computers will become infested by gremlins, suffer from completely unpredictable accidents or ultimately be destroyed by hamfisted idiots. I think I've suffered through all of those bar one :) In the meantime, looks like things are heating up at the 49th parallel.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

ORIGINAL: Nick Schieben
In the meantime, looks like things are heating up at the 49th parallel.

Nah. Not really. Who could ask for a better neighboring country than our friends to the north (except maybe Canada herself)? Sometimes though I just can't stand bairds unprovoked and mean spirited jabs. Should just leave it alone but, the insulting pics keep piling on.

As for backups; I always keep 2 copies on different hard drives of every matrix game I own. I incorporate my serial number into the exe. name to have it available at all times.

Peace

Attachments
canadaand..friends.jpg
canadaand..friends.jpg (16.86 KiB) Viewed 112 times
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

warspite1

Why do you keep posting these pictures? - and this is the second time you've posted this same one in a week.

If you've got a hang up about the US then fine that's your prerogative, but take it some place else, its boring....

Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Alchenar

Post by Alchenar »

"Why is the wargaming market so small and niche?"

*mocks someone for expecting easy access to the products they've purchased*
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

warspite1

Why do you keep posting these pictures? - and this is the second time you've posted this same one in a week.

If you've got a hang up about the US then fine that's your prerogative, but take it some place else, its boring....

Robert, it's a response to "aaatoysandmore's" original post of this message (the member who complains very often).
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Please don't post more off-topic pictures.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi everyone,

Re-downloads actually are integrated with the Members Club, BUT this only works if you are logged into your site account before/when you purchase. As long as you do that, the order will be automatically registered and re-downloads will be automatic through the Members Club. We implemented this several years ago, but because orders before it was implemented are out of that system and orders when not logged in are not entered into it, some customers have not realized it is active.

You can always, regardless, recover any orders under any previous store partner or any e-mail address by using our Help Desk and requesting that they look up your past orders and send you new download links. We are always happy to help out with that.

If you always log in (to the site, not the forum) before purchasing in the future, then all your future purchases will be retrievable automatically through the Members Club.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

Oh Canada, land that I once knew[:D]

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:'(][:'(][:'(][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Damn. Rage Boy got old!
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

I need an Auburn win today. Come on H, chant with me;

Bodda getta, bodda getta, bodda getta, bah,
Rah, rah, rah,
Sis boom bah,
Weagle, weagle,
War Damn Eagle!
Kick 'em in the butt, Big Blue,
Hey!

Sorry buddy but Ole Miss needs 'Bama to lose. Do it for the Kelly family
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I log in the Members area before buying due to laziness - it will auto-fill all your personal info. I didn't know about the other benefit too.
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

I need an Auburn win today. Come on H, chant with me;

Bodda getta, bodda getta, bodda getta, bah,
Rah, rah, rah,
Sis boom bah,
Weagle, weagle,
War Damn Eagle!
Kick 'em in the butt, Big Blue,
Hey!

Sorry buddy but Ole Miss needs 'Bama to lose. Do it for the Kelly family

Nope. Not gonna happen! Alabama has a horse at RB.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
barkhorn45

Post by barkhorn45 »

Using win.explorer i show no games when i went to register dc-3 i was informed"key already used".
When i switched to chrome they were all there,weird.

Return to “General Discussion”