Patch to fix critical issues?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

chaos45

Patch to fix critical issues?

Post by chaos45 »

I know its the holiday season and all now but any idea when the patch to fix the critical game ending/delaying issues will be released.

As we have:

German armaments issue 42/43+

German Axis allies not activating correctly

Random weather just extending spring

An Im not sure what else but the first two basically means no-one can play past mid 1942 right now. So any ongoing games are at a halt.

loki100

RE: Patch to fix critical issues?

Post by loki100 »

can't speak for anyone but there has been discussion on the AGEOD forum about RuS Gold and a patch. The understanding is that Matrix is pushing out new releases (which makes sense) and that patches are dropping a bit behind in the schedule. With 08.05 and the two minor patches, I'd suspect that WiTE may have lost its place in the queue.

This is not a criticism of anybody/any process, but I'd suspect that another update maybe a little while (having written this, it'll pop up tomorrow [:)])
morvael

Post by morvael »

Rather than send untested patch to have it languish in production queue during Christmas downtime I decided to use the extra time for additional testing.
Commanderski

Post by Commanderski »

Rather than send untested patch to have it languish in production queue during Christmas downtime I decided to use the extra time for additional testing.

Sounds like a good idea. [:)]
gmtello

Post by gmtello »

I am Playing a campaign as axis and we are in december 42 with the latest patch and hotfix. Should we stop and wait or carry on
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

As long as you are past all the axis allied units activating and you watch the German players armaments/manpower levels and they are doing okay you should be alright.

The issue found was the AI was using all the German armaments up to build new elements and not upgrading elements thus starving frontline units replacements due to lack of armaments since massive amounts were being used to build new elements and not to do upgrades then build new elements.

AI resource use is supposed to be fixed in next patch to only use % of resources for different actions so it doesnt get stuck in these negative resource use loops.

AI manages logistics phase so it affects human vs human games just to be clear.
morvael

Post by morvael »

From my personal experience, I'm not that afraid of playing with current patch, though we're only on turn 15. I survived early mud in 1941 (it wasn't great experience), but thanks to this I knew it would not hit me again before October (and this was kind of nice).
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

yes but the major bugs arent until later in the game- mid 1942 is the axis allied issues with italians not activating....and early 1943 when the entire German army starts to upgrade to new elements/ToEs is the other major issue.

So right now early game aside from mud is completely playable until you hit mid 1942 when the italians should all activate.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Italian setup had always been buggy in gc41 from start as they were set up with frozen 250 (obviously unnoticed as this wasn't displayed in the editor until 1.08.03 or so. The frozen status was just ignored/deleted by the game engine for arriving units until a recent change to prevent freely moving hungarian units which should have stayed frozen.
The german squad upgrades in summer 43 (and many of the soviet squad upgrades) had always been a problematic time for the player. We thought to have this stabilized somewhat but it wasn't.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
gmtello

Post by gmtello »

My level of armaments production is 0 but the manpower seems normal. Should we wait for the patch?
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

If you as Germans are gaining more and more manpower while armaments stays 0 you might want to wait for the next patch.
gmtello

Post by gmtello »

When do u expect the new patch ? After or before new year
gmtello

Post by gmtello »

And the lack of armaments say 0 during 5 turns . Could harm the army in the Long term?
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

Is your manpower also staying low or is it gaining?

If your manpower is gaining and armaments zero you probably need to halt the game until the patch.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

ORIGINAL: gmtello

When do u expect the new patch ? After or before new year

The next update will be after the new year. Since Matrix production was projected to be backlogged in December (and it is), Dominik decided to take the extra time to test the next update. Matrix shuts down the last 2 weeks of the year which also has a big impact. I think Dominik's hope is to get something in the queue early in January so Matrix can work on it when they come back from their holiday break.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”