thehistoricalgamer vs Baloogan in Operation Glacier

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

reggimann

thehistoricalgamer vs Baloogan in Operation Glacier

Post by reggimann »

Youtube strategy gamers "thehistoricalgamer" and "Baloogan" will go head to head in WITPAE starting December 7th, posting interactive maps, live stats of units and bases provided by Tracker to a site yet to be made accessible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShL2RqR3AZU

According to Historicalgamer, the two players have already played PBEM until March of 1942 and will update the site daily.

What do you think? I'm very excited!
WitP-AE - WitE - WitW
BBfanboy

RE: thehistoricalgamer vs Baloogan in Operation Glacier

Post by BBfanboy »

Can't say I'm "excited" - maybe my senior age [:D] - but I am intrigued.
Let us know when the site is up and running with content.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

I don't know who these people are, but if "Historicalgamer" and "Baloogan" are pseudonyms for "Alfred" and "Nemo121," I'll sit up and take notice.

"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
robinsa

Post by robinsa »

I am excited for the series as I think it will bring a lot of new players into the game and war gaming in general. This can only be a good thing for all of us. I will also enjoy seeing someone else play this game and maybe I can learn a few things. Anyway, I hope that this is a success and that they get the attention they deserve. (I have not seen any video yet, but just taking on this game on camera is commendable!)
Rainsong94

Post by Rainsong94 »

This is very true. I think this will the clincher for me to finally purchase WITP after all these years, along with the great price point with the sale. I can't wait to watch and learn from their AAR.
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

FightinJoe94-

If you do choose to purchase, I would highly recommend the second edition; WitP Admiral's Edition. A quantum leap over the original (which I also own).

Look forward to your presence on this forum, Sir!

Mac
LAV-25 2147
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

[>:]
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
reggimann

Post by reggimann »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

I don't know who these people are, but if "Historicalgamer" and "Baloogan" are pseudonyms for "Alfred" and "Nemo121," I'll sit up and take notice.

Can you imagine... [X(]

Maybe "excited" is too much but I'm loving the fact that someone is putting out content for this great great game at all. There are just not enough videos on YT and these two guys pull in a lot of views from "our kind of people". Baloogan for instance is well respected in the Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations community. So who knows, if things work out we might get an influx of new players. More work for Alfred! [:D]
WitP-AE - WitE - WitW
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Anything that gives AE some needed spotlight is a good thing. And Baloogan is well known in other communities and have done a tremendously cool tool for AE. If this could draw in some new blood to AE and this forum it would be a very good thing. I see lots of regulars slowly fading away from the game and forum while there is few to step in and fill the void.

Historical gamer has some 6k YT viewers (me included). Hopefully this can spark an interest in a few of them.

Alfred

Post by Alfred »

I'm neither of them. I don't hide behind avatar names.

According to that provided link, "Historicalgamer" doesn't have experience playing as Japan. I rather suspect that our dedicated JFB players will squirm at some of the game decisions from "historicalgamer". But then, a mistake is not a mistake if the opponent does not exploit the error.

Alfred
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

According to that provided link, "Historicalgamer" doesn't have experience playing as Japan. I rather suspect that our dedicated JFB players will squirm at some of the game decisions from "historicalgamer". But then, a mistake is not a mistake if the opponent does not exploit the error.

Alfred

I was paying you a compiment in replying lightheartedly (not seriously) to the original post.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
CaptBeefheart

Post by CaptBeefheart »

Sounds like great PR for AE. I also hope this serves to bring in new blood.

Cheers,
CC
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

Apparently they're going to play one turn each real-time day, so it will be up to a 5-year long AAR campaign.

Here's a short (and a bit cheezy) trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfD1EVUYap0
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Alfred
Hopefully their videos will cover lessons learned during the turn so we can see how they progress from newbies to acolytes and beyond. The game's limited graphics of battles are not going to hold attention of casual visitors for long, but discussions of strategies and tactics might get some interest from those who are not all about arcade games.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Baloogan is indeed well-known figure in Command: Modern Air and Naval Operations simulator/game (also available on Matrix), being in developer team. He also maintains CMANO chat room and database wiki.

I regularly chat with him and thehistoricalgamer about their ongoing game, it has been quite interesting, including carrier battle near Java.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

Oy, those Beests on December 22, 1941 in the "trailer." That's a lesson learned right there.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Neither is Witp-AE "pro" like lot of people on this forum, so it is refreshing to see how people new to game play it. [8D]

Addiction starts from first enjoyable experience in case of AE. [:D]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Feltan

Post by Feltan »

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Baloogan is indeed well-known figure in Command: Modern Air and Naval Operations simulator/game (also available on Matrix), being in developer team. He also maintains CMANO chat room and database wiki.

I regularly chat with him and thehistoricalgamer about their ongoing game, it has been quite interesting, including carrier battle near Java.

I concur and agree wholeheartedly. Until I got sucked into another WITP-AE PBEM, I was quite active on the Command side even publishing a few scenarios. Baloogan is a stand-up guy, and if I had the bandwidth I'd love to play against him in WITP-AE PBEM.

Regards,
Feltan
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

AstaSyneri

Post by AstaSyneri »

It is December 7th now, I just bought WitP:AE and I am very much intrigued to see these two guys play. Where is the website? There currently are no videos up that I can see :(.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”