What are you developing at this moment?

3D version of Close Combat
Nomada_Firefox

What are you developing at this moment?

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

I would like know what is the level of develop. Have you finish the game and are you making the game manual?
SteveMcClaire

RE: What are you developing at this moment?

Post by SteveMcClaire »

A lot of things are happening with the game at the same time right now -- new animations, effects, terrain objects for the map editor, new textures, new and revised maps, etc. are all being added in. I am also working on implementing the new UI and finishing multi-player.

Steve
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Are these changes result from the upgrade to the Unity 5?

About the new terrain objects, are you adding new objects which they will give us more options when we will make our own maps?

I suppose how the new release date will be 2016 now.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Most of the current changes are the result of a review and fine-tuning of the graphics / visuals for the game. The upgrade to Unity 5 did not really involve any huge changes.

Yes, new terrain objects are to give map makers more options.

Release date is not something I can comment on. That the publisher will announce when they're ready.

Steve

Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

I suppose how the previous features will continue, no? I speak from buildings with only one plant and no way from add new 3D models.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

There will not be multi-story buildings in the first release, no. As for adding 3D models, there may be a possible solution but it needs to be researched and that will not happen for a bit. So I can't guarantee anything at this stage.

Steve
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Again, thanks by answer.

About more important things, what about the IA? is it good? most of the people are tired from play multiplayer games and now with the new engine, they want play against the computer and they hope a good IA.
Llyranor

Post by Llyranor »

Is co-op confirmed? This preview mentions it, but I haven't seen any official dev confirmation
http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-n ... se-combat/

A co-op campaign would be great. Just something as simple as playing the singleplayer campaign but splitting the tactical battles units in 2 would be awesome.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Following the answers from Steve, you will see how there is not co-op campaign in the game.

But a co-op campaing should add 4 vs 4 players. 2 with each faction. However at this point, at least for me, I am happy with the features added in the game and my unique point would be know when we will see more images and when it will be released. I know, I know, Steve, I do not ask you. Just I say my own thoughts.;) At least I do not go to say things "take your time", "do not hurry" as if I would be trying be more friendly and perhaps I will be accepted in the beta (if there is one) as other people say here and around these forums and Slitherine forums when really out these sites, they write different things. Just a realistic comment. ;)
djikun

Post by djikun »

Hello. Tell me please. Did you improve the AI in the game? I have no friends to play CC with, so GtC was disappointing. I easily win company on elite for both sides. The AI did nothing, it's just sell trops. Tanks stay 5...10 minutes, after this all shermans go to brushes, one Point ,etc. And was killed by one pak 40[&:].
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

The AI is largely new for Bloody First, and it is still being polished. But one of the main goals is to make it less prone to camping than the old CC AI.

I can't comment on the Co-op mode at this point.

Steve
djikun

Post by djikun »

Thank you.Now just sitting and wait for one of the most faivored game since CC2 demo on Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator disk[:)]
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

I can't comment on the Co-op mode at this point.
Ummm I do not know what to say. Can we think by your words how perhaps you will try it?
DAK_Legion

Post by DAK_Legion »

For this crhistmas steve??
heia safari!
CGGrognard

Post by CGGrognard »

Yes Steve, I need a good stocking stuffer for the holidays! [:D]
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”