14th Army HQ

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

IslandInland

14th Army HQ

Post by IslandInland »

I bought the game a couple of days ago in the sale and like all newly purchased games I spend a lot of time examining the OOB for both sides. It's just something I like doing.

While doing this I failed to see the British 14th Army HQ arriving in the ground reinforcement schedule.

If I remember correctly 14th Army was formed from an already extant HQ, maybe Eastern Army. Does this HQ change it's name or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for any replies.

War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
LargeSlowTarget

RE: 14th Army HQ

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

Funny, when I saw the thread title I was thinking Homma and the PI. Looks like I'm a JFB after all.
I'm not within reach of the game, but many units have name changes. It is quite probable that an HQ in India will change to 14th Army. Have to check the editor.
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

I loaded up the Editor and the only 14th Army I could find was indeed Japanese. The British Eastern Command in Calcutta seems to be the most likely candidate for a name change to 14th Army but it doesn't seem to change.

I've really no idea what I'm doing with the Editor so I could have missed 14th Army completely.

XXXCorps
Ambassador

Post by Ambassador »

The Eastern Army will change name in June 1943 to 14th Army. You can see it in the Editor (just launched it). It's the Location #117.
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

ORIGINAL: Ambassador

The Eastern Army will change name in June 1943 to 14th Army. You can see it in the Editor (just launched it). It's the Location #117.

Thanks a lot. I was worried 14th Army wasn't in the game for some reason.

XXXCorps

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”