Trains off the tracks?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Vic

elmo3

Trains off the tracks?

Post by elmo3 »

I noticed these trains off the tracks while watching the Axis AI makes it's move. Is this just the AI using the simplified supply rules or is it a problem? Think I accidentally overwrote the turn save so I probably can't replicate it if it's actually a bug.

Attachments
trains.jpg
trains.jpg (274.1 KiB) Viewed 47 times
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
lancer

RE: Trains off the tracks?

Post by lancer »

Hi Elmo,

The German AI does indeed use a variation of the logistical rules (way to complicated as is for an AI to handle).

The trains shown in your pic are used to represent both train and truck column links as the AI doesn't deal with Forward Supply Bases.

It's a similar set up if you use the Decisions OFF setup which has a more streamlined logistical system for those that don't want to be bothered with it.

Deciding whether to use a train or truck symbol to represent the combined transport links was a toss-up. In the end I settled on trains as the anomaly of trains going cross country acts as a memory jogger to players that the icons represent both.

If it'd been a truck icon a lot of people, I suspect, would assume that there are only trucks and would be confused as to the whereabouts of the trains.

Cheers,
Cameron
elmo3

RE: Trains off the tracks?

Post by elmo3 »

Thanks. That's what I figured but posted just in case it was a bug.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

Return to “Tech Support”