Political points Question

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

demyansk

Political points Question

Post by demyansk »

I am in July, making all the decisions from the reports. However, now I am low on. Political points. Do you have to make the decisions and if not, does the aide make a decision and use political points?

I was wondering how players are using these reports and the decision made.

By the way, did anyone get one of the war crime reports on the testicles being cut off a soldier?

I had to read it twice
rjh1971

RE: Political points Question

Post by rjh1971 »

If you let your aide make the decision for you that will also cost you PP, not sure if it was 1 or 2 PP.
If you're low on PP all events come with a zero decision cost. Might not be the best option but we will all have to use it to save PP for the most important decision to be taken.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
stonestriker

Post by stonestriker »

Read all reports BEFORE making any decision. Look at your objectives and relationsships. Which AG can be allowed to suffer, so another can better reach the obective? Are you expecting a long campaign or gambling on a quick win? Which person can you afford to piss off (either because relations are good, and can afford to be lowered, or because Luftwaffe might be of minor importance compared to the trucks you need to delieve fuel NOW!)
DC3 Bug Spotters Gold Logie award
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

you can always request more PP's, more fuel, more trains, and more trucks, it just makes your Victory that bit harder, and your defeat that bit quicker and in my case worse tbh, but it's there for an option, i use it all the time, i call it the i can't cope it too hard key, so almost have my finger on it each turn, then again i'm not the greatest gamers more of you are, so while you may never use it, i chose to have it used a lot, then again i play on the easiest of settings so about December time my level of difficulty is about uber mega hard anyway as i've asked for far too much help anyway and end up paying the bill with the AI getting the same amount of extra help i have been given, and the AI knows what to do better with it than me, so the challenge is greater, so when i lose, in a battle where as the Germans lost anyway, i don't feel bad, i feel i did sometimes as well as them, sometimes worse but enjoy the game anyway, in some games i get fed up with losing too often and cheat, but as of yet this isn't the case with this, as i feel it's not the AI which is cheating etc, but me not playing as well as maybe some of you can, so it's a learning curve, i use the PP's and help less, one day i may get as far and do as well as some of you are doing maybe[8|] [;)]

edited again, i can't spell [:-]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks guys for the tips, yes, now I remember the 1- 2 points Ford aide to decide.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”