Custom Overlays - Won't load after playing for a little while.

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

ColonelMolerat

Custom Overlays - Won't load after playing for a little while.

Post by ColonelMolerat »

I've noticed an issue when using Custom Overlays.

Sometimes, after a while of having CMANO open, Custom Overlays won't load properly.

They'll 'load' (appear in the Custom Overlay window) instantly, but won't actually appear on the map.

To get them to work, you have to restart CMANO.

However, they also work (without a restart) if you lower their resolution in a graphics editing programme (and increase the scale proportionately in the .pgw file) and then load them.

Basically - after a while of playing CMANO, the game's tolerance of higher-resolution Custom Overlays will decrease. Over time, unless you restart, only lower-and-lower-resolution overlays will work.

Further details:

I think I've had the problem before, but only just identified it. The overlay that I identified the problem on was the Hunter Day 2008 Community Overlay.

The overlay, at ~90 dots per inch resolution, wouldn't load without a restart.

However, if I split it into two separate ~90 DPI overlays (covering the same area), both would load... At first. Eventually, only one of the ~90DPI overlays would load. Alternatively, if I reduced it to ~50 DPI (and scaled it up to cover the same area), it would load successfully.

After a restart, the original, full-size, ~90DPI file would load. It only seems to work if I load it as soon as possible though (ie, not after playing a bit, and if I load it and unload it, it won't load the second time)

Return to “Tech Support”