Steam and Matrix sale!! Questions

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

javimm

Steam and Matrix sale!! Questions

Post by javimm »

Hi.
I'm considering getting the game plus expansions as it is currently for sale both in Steam and Matrix. I have a couple of questions regarding the purchase.
Obviously, I'd rather have the game on both platforms, so I'd like to get the game on the Matrix site and get the (free) Steam keys that Matrix is offering for the people who gets the game using the Matrix shop. The thing is that I can't seem to get the discounted price on the game plus expansions on the matrix shopping cart. When I add the three items, the total is 69.98€, while the price on Steam for what they call the Deluxe version is 50.62€.
How can I get the discounted combined price on the Matrix shop?. It seems that the discount is applied on Steam when the Deluxe version is bought (game plus twop expansions), so the total discount is 39%, but in the Matrix site the combined price is not applied, just the individual discounts.

If I get the game on Steam will I be able to get a Matrix serial number?. I really dislike having games with DRM. I usually buy on places like GOG for that very same reason, but the Steam price is too tempting to pass upon.

Thank you.
zakblood

RE: Steam and Matrix sale!! Questions

Post by zakblood »

If I get the game on Steam will I be able to get a Matrix serial number?
no, it works the other way round, better to contact support and ask why the price difference tbh, good luck

http://www.matrixgames.com/support/
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”