DC : Community Project Editor

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

WilliePete

DC : Community Project Editor

Post by WilliePete »

I remember reading about Vic making a very user friendly editor. I was under the impression it was coming with Barbarossa. Anyone hear about this? I also wonder if it could be used to mod Barbarossa - that way it would make it easier to fix certain OOBs some are complaining about.
- They That Sow The Wind, Shall Reap The Whirlwind -
budd

RE: DC : Community Project Editor

Post by budd »

i believe he was shooting for release in about 2 weeks.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

About the Community Project BETA. Its an extra from VR Designs.

It should be made available in 1-2 weeks (or close to it) to all DC:Barbarossa owners. I just want to deal with the initial release of Barbarossa first.

You can already see the initial docs over here:
http://www.vrdesigns.nl/atwiki/doku.php?id=dcx

best wishes,
Vic

here's what Vic has wrote on the subject so far
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Blond_Knight

Post by Blond_Knight »

Well if you look at the editors for Barbarossa you'll see theyre much more friendly than the original editor in the first two DC games, although it(the full editor) is included.
I also lobbied (unsuccessfully) to have him retrofit the new editors onto Case Blue and Warsaw to Paris. But I understand it doesnt make sense financially.
WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

ORIGINAL: Blond_Knight

Well if you look at the editors for Barbarossa you'll see theyre much more friendly than the original editor in the first two DC games, although it(the full editor) is included.
I also lobbied (unsuccessfully) to have him retrofit the new editors onto Case Blue and Warsaw to Paris. But I understand it doesnt make sense financially.

What Barbarossa editor are you referring to? Is there one we can access now? Also, will the Community editor allow us to mod Barbarossa and the other two games?
- They That Sow The Wind, Shall Reap The Whirlwind -
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Vic will have to answer this question in due time.. [;)]
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
Vic

Post by Vic »

Decisive Campaigns : Community Project (BETA) is a seperate game that you'll get access to for free as a Barbarossa owner only for the moment.

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: WilliePete

ORIGINAL: Blond_Knight

What Barbarossa editor are you referring to? Is there one we can access now? Also, will the Community editor allow us to mod Barbarossa and the other two games?

The thing is that the whole new simple/intermediate editor system has been created with the Community Project in mind.

A project that got started just by me at the same time Cameron was working on Barbarossa.

These new editors can only be put to their full use if everything is designed with this modular approach in mind.
Thats what I did for the default ruleset, libraries and examples for the ComProj.

I strongly recommend any-one wanting to do scenario design to wait for the ComProj and only consider Barbarossa for 'modding'.
I am sure Cameron will be able to give some pointers what would be moddable and what will most likely be to difficult for modders to alter.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”