Help I screwed up.

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Vic

GBS

Help I screwed up.

Post by GBS »

I made a copy of the full game in order to install the new Flag and Symbol mod and have lost my desktop quick start. Also there is no Application file in the game folder or the copy I made that I can copy to the desktop. My start menu doesn't even show the game. I think I want to delete all this and re download the game. Could you please guide me through doing this. Please hurry.
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
Remmes

RE: Help I screwed up.

Post by Remmes »

ORIGINAL: GBS

I made a copy of the full game in order to install the new Flag and Symbol mod and have lost my desktop quick start. Also there is no Application file in the game folder or the copy I made that I can copy to the desktop. My start menu doesn't even show the game. I think I want to delete all this and re download the game. Could you please guide me through doing this. Please hurry.

Isn't it so that you can use the download link in the confirmation mail for 14 days? Re-downloading should be a breeze. Storing the install file in a safe place might be a good idea for the future.

You should be able to find the game in its usual location C:\program files\matrixgames\decisive campaigns etc.... or in the location you stored in at. Maybe you could start the executable from there, or make a shortcut to yor desktop from it.

A good idea might be to do a fresh unistall via add/remove programs en reinstall the game from scratch.

I recall there used to be a great tool called Jonesoft mod enabler to activate/deactivate mods. Not sure it is compatible with this game though.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: Ramses
I recall there used to be a great tool called Jonesoft mod enabler to activate/deactivate mods. Not sure it is compatible with this game though.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 47&t=27158

ORIGINAL: GBS

If you need a new download link you can open a helpdesk ticket and ask for a new one.
http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

This may not work, but take a look at the last post I made in the mod thread for a possible solution to the dissapearing application file problem.

Return to “Tech Support”