Review Past Decisions? And other Ques/Comments

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

HowieWowie

Review Past Decisions? And other Ques/Comments

Post by HowieWowie »

I'm new to the series. I've watched all of the tutorial vids which are quite helpful for breaking the ice so to speak and getting you going with the game. Some questions:

1 - I've looked around but I can't find a log that records/displays the decisions that have been selected. My memory not being that great I'd like to review the selections that I made.

2 - I think a vid on the mechanics of combat would be really helpful. I have units that have APs but are not able to attack, I assume that there is a min level required? Or perhaps it has to do with terrain? In any case a short vid elaborating on combat would be nice.

Its been fun so far!!
Barthheart

RE: Review Past Decisions? And other Ques/Comments

Post by Barthheart »

Howie,

You could read a post I made a long time ago on the combat mechanics for Warsaw to Paris. Some stuff has changed for DC3 but it still might help if you're completely new to the system.

tm.asp?m=2561038

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Queeg

Post by Queeg »

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

Howie,

You could read a post I made a long time ago on the combat mechanics for Warsaw to Paris. Some stuff has changed for DC3 but it still might help if you're completely new to the system.

tm.asp?m=2561038

This is very helpful. Thanks.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Hi Guys,

I am playing the third turn and looking through all the reports, I am just curious about the proper steps to take in a turn.
I noticed the red exclamation points for decisions, I guess this is done every turn. Any suggestions on critical reports to look at?
HowieWowie

Post by HowieWowie »

Thanks Barthheart for the link, that was helpful.

Re my first question, is there no way to view the previous Decisions taken?
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

HowieWowie

Lots of the decisions you made previously are obvious, due to conditions in the field. For instance if you moved forward an airbase, chose what railroad to work on, ordered more emphasis on anti-partisans. But there is no log as far as I know of past decisions.

demjansk

Reports on the status of armies and divisions are critical. You need to pay close attention to accruing fatigue (necessitating going on sustained offense rather than blitzkrieg posture), how many panzers you're losing to combat as opposed to wear and tear. You can do rest and refit to regain those lost to wear and tear, but not combat. Reports on the fuel/ammo pipelines are critical.

lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Howie,

There currently is no record of past decisions taken within the game.

This has been a deliberate design decision in order to enhance the sense of Operational Command where you are constantly dealing with new challenges and crisis and haven't got time to worry about what happened yesterday.

Having said that the game keeps tabs of all decisions taken, internally, and it's not a big job to provide a log.

I'll give it some thought.

Cheers,
Cameron

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”