Case Blue update to DC3 Engine?

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Megalomatrix

Case Blue update to DC3 Engine?

Post by Megalomatrix »

In an earlier post, a dev made the comment that Barbarossa may be updated to the new engine for Barbarossa (sorry...in a hurry so can't look it up now). Will definitely be buying DC3 because I love the changes. I am seeing that if I buy DC3, Case Blue is at a hefty discount.

My question is - will Case Blue be updated (or how probable is that)?

-Thanks!
Vic

RE: Case Blue update to DC3 Engine?

Post by Vic »

Its not that probable since most of the work I did for DC:Barbarossa is tied in to the design of that particular game and Case Blue would not benefit much from using the newer engine.
However the new AI might be interesting to port. (probably give it some weeks of further fine tuning with the Community Project first) And I'd still like to fine tune the air war in Case Blue a bit.

However in about 1-2 weeks i will make DC:Community Project available to all DC:Barbarossa owners. This is a set of editors to try to encourage community scenario design. Its well done and accessible.. and uses the DC2 ruleset as a default. So in a way Case Blue lives on.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”