Screen Res

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Vic

Raindog101

Screen Res

Post by Raindog101 »

I can't find an option to change the screen resolution. Is there a config file?
Vic

RE: Screen Res

Post by Vic »

Hi Eagle,

Nope. The game uses your current screen resolution.

Let me know the issue please.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Raindog101

Post by Raindog101 »

Hello Vic, My old eyes have trouble with the smaller font. I like the res to be 1440x900, but I'll survive.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi Eagle,

What is your current screen resolution?

If its larger than 2048x1536 there is an option in the prefs-tab to simulate half your current resolution.

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Doppleganger77

Post by Doppleganger77 »

Hi Vic

Really enjoying this game except for one reason. I use an ultra wide monitor with a resolution of 2560x1080 and the game looks stretched and movies don't play correctly.

Will there be any updates to give us the option of changing the resolution and allowing us to play in a window? It's the one omission that spoils the game for me and I really think this should be a basic feature in 2015.

Cheers
Dop
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi Dopple,

Thanks for sharing your issues.

I doubt it is really stretched? Could you upload a screenshot just to make sure.

As for the video issue. The game just asks Windows to launch the video in your favorite media player for .mp4 files. What exactly does not play correctly?

Best wishes,
Vic
Doppleganger77

Post by Doppleganger77 »

When the game first launches, the intro video only fills a portion of the screen, as if it's locked into a resolution. However, this isn't really an issue for me.

What is an issue is that the game, whilst not stretched, fills the whole of my desktop (which is ultra-wide) when I'd rather have the ability to play in a window. Unfortunately, lack of this basic feature will discourage me from buying any future products which is a shame as I do really enjoy the game.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

@Doppleganger77: There are a few things you can do:

1) use the minimize button to send the app to the taskbar and then do whatever else you need to do.
2) use multiple desktops (standard feature of Windows 10) and switch desktops if you need to do something else.
3) use a two monitor setup.

In my long gaming experience there are not many games that run in a window. I don't have a large library of games so I could be wrong here.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tweedledumb

Post by Tweedledumb »

I have to agree with Old Eagle.

On my default 1920x1080 resolution, the font size on the units is too small.

It will cause much more eye strain than playing DC1 or DC2.

Not complaining, but just telling it the way it is.

Edit: This is only an issue when using "spread out" counter view zoomed

Vonlutt

Post by Vonlutt »

ORIGINAL: Vic

Hi Eagle,

What is your current screen resolution?

If its larger than 2048x1536 there is an option in the prefs-tab to simulate half your current resolution.

best wishes,
Vic

Looks like you removed this option?

Why can we not choose our own resolution? Playing on a Surface Pro is nearly impossible with default settings.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi Vonlutt,

Nope not removed.

In the prefs tab you can find options to run the game at lower resolution.

Best wishes,
Vic

Return to “Tech Support”