New Flashpoint Campaign 2.0.10b Update Released!

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

Erik Rutins

New Flashpoint Campaign 2.0.10b Update Released!

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Everyone,

We're happy to make official today the first update for Flashpoint Campaigns after the release of Germany Reforged.

This update is recommended for all customers, as it resolves a number of serious issues related to the 2.0.10 and Germany Reforged releases.

We plan to issue another update in December to address any remaining issues reported by customers to date.

v2.0.10b
Change List

1. Fix for Steam authentication and validation issues relating to the Germany Reforged Battle Pack.
2. Fix for missing map marker artwork
3. Fix for a crash bug in campaign games that stopped the next scenario from loading
4. A recent file naming bug that stopped PBEM++ games from working has also been fixed
5. Scenario Editor: the logic for enabling / disabling the Append Forces button has been improved with respect to certain kinds of units that belong off-map such as artillery and weapons of mass destruction
6. The nebulous “cannot find disk in drive” on game startup has been found and quashed.
7. If something prevents the sound engine from running at the start of the game then it will simply be turned off for the rest of the game.

You can download the update through your Game Menu by using the "Check for Updates" link, or directly through this link.

EDIT: You can also download from the following mirrors:

http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Flash ... v2010b.zip
http://ftp.eu.matrixgames.com/pub/Flash ... v2010b.zip
http://ftp.ca.matrixgames.com/pub/Flash ... v2010b.zip
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Stimpak

RE: New Flashpoint Campaign 2.0.10b Update Released!

Post by Stimpak »

Yikes. This time I caught and backed up my data before the update [8D]
pekische

Post by pekische »

Grrrr! After this update I cant start the game again.... I can see start screen "Players Edition" then message "libSteamWrapper.dll" could not be found/loaded" appears.

I have tried to reinstall steam client and game of course. No change.

Guys, you are crazy! Each your update, patch or hotfix means that game doesn't run :D
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

@pekische

Please verify the integrity of your game cache:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -QEUH-3335
pekische

Post by pekische »

I made it. The same result... game doesn't run.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Please check if you have the file "libSteamWrapper.dll" in the main (root) game installation folder?
IronManBeta

Post by IronManBeta »

Pekische -

The significance of libSteamWrapper.dll is that it is a new file with this hotfix. If you don't have it then the update did not go as planned.

If, however, you do have the proper game exe and for whatever reason do not have this dll then you can find it attached here. Download this file, rename it from "libSteamWrapper.txt" to "libSteamWrapper.zip", unzip and place it in the main game directory with fprs.exe and you will be good to go.

Regards, Rob C
OTS
Attachments
libSteamWrapper.txt
(30.96 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
rixtertech

Post by rixtertech »

I can run the game after the patch, but this is a non-steam install. Unfortunately, some things never change; update.exe still crashes, all the time, every time, whether I run it manually or invoke it directly, as it has for quite some while thru multiple revisions. Win7, multiple machines, always the same result. Too bad, so sad. It would sure be nice to see that one fixed.
"They're firing? But they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from ther-"

-Union Gen. John Sedgewick, Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse, 1864, KIA while berating a private for ducking sniper fire
budd

Post by budd »

i don't even try to use the update thing for any matrix games, it just doesn't work. I just go right to manual download.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Folks, it actually works fine, unless anti-virus/security software interferes with it. See if there's any way to set an exception in yours for the various game-related executables.

In the meantime, that's why we also always have a direct FTP link.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
pekische

Post by pekische »

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

Please check if you have the file "libSteamWrapper.dll" in the main (root) game installation folder?

ORIGINAL: RobertCrandall

Pekische -

The significance of libSteamWrapper.dll is that it is a new file with this hotfix. If you don't have it then the update did not go as planned.

If, however, you do have the proper game exe and for whatever reason do not have this dll then you can find it attached here. Download this file, rename it from "libSteamWrapper.txt" to "libSteamWrapper.zip", unzip and place it in the main game directory with fprs.exe and you will be good to go.

Regards, Rob C
OTS

Guys, the file"libSteamWrapper.dll" exists in root game folder.
rixtertech

Post by rixtertech »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Folks, it actually works fine, unless anti-virus/security software interferes with it.

"Folks", no it doesn't. I was sure I'd gone over this ground before but just in case, dutifully disabled all security (Avira) anyway, and still got the same result. As you say, it's a good thing there's an FTP link. Odd how my other FTP-capable programs don't seem to have this problem, even with antivirus measures turned on?

For a good time search the forum for "update.exe" and look at the fireworks, meltdowns, imprecations, angry shouting, footie-stomping and occasional sound of breaking glass. I may not like some of these guys attitudes but they are not -all- just forgetting to turn off their anti-virus, and the symptom is a Visual C++ runtime error that could presumably be debugged, tested out and coded for to at least error out gracefully with an explanation instead of crashing. Of course, if it just blindly recommends turning off anti-V when a person already has it all off... I suppose the footie-stomping will just begin all over again, won't it?

In any case, thanks for the great update patch , we love you all for the best of our conflict simulations, and we still love you despite their small failings, none of which are the end of the world.

Have a wonderful holiday!
"They're firing? But they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from ther-"

-Union Gen. John Sedgewick, Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse, 1864, KIA while berating a private for ducking sniper fire
markcab

Post by markcab »

I tried installing FPGR and it still says I don't have a copy of FPRS.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

markcab, can you post your issue in tech support in its own thread so we can work it through? I thought you had got things running. Thanks.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi guys,

We've updated the installers on our servers to fix the exe issue, hopefully if you had a problem with the 2.0.10b update, if you re-download and reinstall it will be fixed.

Please note that in some cases if you have anti-virus software on and cached files, it can requite a cleared cache and/or a re-boot to get things to re-download.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

I just purchased and downloaded this game yesterday. The game shows version 2.0.10b . I see a new installer has been put on the server today?. I also checked the root folder and don't see the above .dll file.

Should I redownload the base installer?

Thanks
Rick
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Rick,

Was this through our store or Steam?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Folks, it actually works fine, unless anti-virus/security software interferes with it. See if there's any way to set an exception in yours for the various game-related executables.

In the meantime, that's why we also always have a direct FTP link.

I'm a big fan of a number of Matrix games but this just isn't true and I just work around the updater. With anti-virus turned off, a number of Matrix Games will 1. Successfully check and say there is a new update, 2. Update the updater successfully, then 3. Error off when trying to download the update it says is needed - unable to download. This game does it, WITW sometimes, WITE all the time, Command sometimes. I always look for the direct link first. Less problem that way.

Actually anti-virus in my case isn't even installed. I'm on a mac with Parallels Desktop running Windows. The only sites I visit on the Windows side are things like Matrix, or Battlefront, for updates. So the issue is not with anti-virus software for me. And the Windows as far as the Mac is concerned is just a large file. If something happened to it I can delete it and reinstall it. (a pain sure, but not the end of the world.)
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Ultradave,

What I saw is true as far as we can tell here. If we take any Windows clean system or our own office systems, the updater always works fine. The updater issue reports started appearing after certain anti-virus software packages became more aggressive about their settings. It could also be due to other permission issues though. We are testing these on admin level accounts and have not changed permissions otherwise from the Windows defaults.

I have not tested this on a Mac with Parallels, but any VM does introduce the possibility for other compatibility issues.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Hi Rick,

Was this through our store or Steam?

Regards,

- Erik

Hi Erik,

and a belated Happy Thanksgiving.

It was through Matrix store. Earlier this afternoon I went through game menu and checked for update. It found newer version and downloaded (it downloaded v2.0.10c exe), and installed. It does still report v2.0.10b in the top menu bar in the game, but I suspect I now have the latest.

Thanks
Rick

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”