Nominated Order of Battle Pacific for game of the year at EX4

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Erik2, Lukas

brucemcl777

Nominated Order of Battle Pacific for game of the year at EX4

Post by brucemcl777 »

I'm Spartacus has Order of Battle: Pacific 2 hours ago
In EX4 I have nominated Order of Battle Pacific as game of the year
Non-4x

Order of Battle Pacific - which I have booked more than 400 hours on in last 6 months - more than all my other gaming combined for they year - and had aquired one free DLC already and will have another DLC shortly - along with 2 more they are working on.

Best turn based historical war game I have ever played in 35 years of computer gaming..
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments

I'm Spartacus has Order of Battle: Pacific Just now
I'm Spartacus Just now
Gregorovitch

Fairly simply - if you are familiar with either Panzer General or Panzer Corp - Panzer General being the greatest beer and pretzels war game of the 1990s - and Panzer Corp being a redone version with upgraded graphics and windows compatibility.

This game has everything going for it that those games do and a great supply system that can be understood and followed visually. It has an advanced form of air combat and naval combat that is far superior to the usual two rows of ships lined up on either side which I find boring.

It has much greater strategic and tactical depth while still being understandable. It is done by the Aristocrats, a former modding group who obviously love what they do and are dedicated to it.

There is the base game, including a Battle of Britain free DLC focusing on air combat, and an upcoming ( I assume paid ) DLC called morning sun.* There are also two other DLCs in the development stage.

* I am a beta tester for this but cannot reveal any details other than I really like what I am seeing.
you can always find me on Steam at
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/stratwin
Where we are all about Strategy - come join us - there my name is I'm Spartacus.

Order of Battle: Pacific fan
Morning Sun: beta tester
US Marines: beta tester

Firebri

RE: Nominated Order of Battle Pacific for game of the year at EX4

Post by Firebri »

I like the sound of two other DLC's [:)]

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II”