Wishlist

The Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 is a new turn-based, tactical wargame that focuses on conflicts in the Middle East.

Moderator: Jason Petho

BradK82

RE: Wishlist

Post by BradK82 »

I also like Budds suggestion with respect to combat reports. One minor request on my part, make it an OPTION to have the report closed by the user. I like to make sure I gather this information at my pace. I emphasized option because I know many players wouldn't want an extra click.
budd

Post by budd »

hotkey for hiding the tool bar and for removing wrecks on map for better viewing in 3D mode, especially with your units in a wreck hex.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Abrslam

Post by Abrslam »

New player with not much wargaming experience here. Some wishlist items for inexperienced players.

-Sidebar mouseover tooltips: Mouseover concealment, morale, visibility, TEM, etc. and display a short tooltip explaining what it is and how it's calculated.
-Unit armament descriptions {never mind. discovered F3!}: I've been spending a lot of time googling unit names to try and figure out what they are and how I should use them (i use NATO counters since I prefer the 2d view but don't always find the graphical counters very clear)
-Modernised sidebar graphics: New graphical representation of a unit and it's stats. I'm personally just not a big fan of the ring and think it could be made more clear. Tooltips with explanations of each stat would be extremely helpful for new wargamers!
-In-game volume control: I like to listen to music while I play. I either end up with really quiet music or lots of "blappada, blappada, richichichicha, sssssffffbooooom!" in the middle of my jazz!

-edit-

-When you select fire mode by clicking the icon or pressing control automatically highlight only the hexes in range.
harry_vdk

Post by harry_vdk »

ORIGINAL: Abrslam
-In-game volume control: I like to listen to music while I play. I either end up with really quiet music or lots of "blappada, blappada, richichichicha, sssssffffbooooom!" in the middle of my jazz!

I agree with this one, only I prefer classical music.
MausMan2

Post by MausMan2 »

Really enjoying the game. Glad to be finally moving beyond WWII with this series. I play half in 2d and half in the pseudo 3d (since I mod my 3d graphics). I like orienting the 3d map in the direction I'm fighting and wish true north was ignored when designing a map. So I would request the option to flip the 3d view to all four directions rather than only two sides. Thanks.
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Thanks for the wish list items, keep them coming folks! It is valuable to us to understand what features and functionalities you are looking towards in future game titles and updates.

ORIGINAL: Maus Man

Really enjoying the game. Glad to be finally moving beyond WWII with this series. I play half in 2d and half in the pseudo 3d (since I mod my 3d graphics). I like orienting the 3d map in the direction I'm fighting and wish true north was ignored when designing a map. So I would request the option to flip the 3d view to all four directions rather than only two sides. Thanks.

Hello Maus Man, would be cool to learn more about your Pseudo 3D mod. How about sharing a screenshot or two [:)]
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
MausMan2

Post by MausMan2 »

Sure thing, you got it Crossroads, here's some of what I've done to my 3d graphics in this game. Trying to get my hexes to look closer to 250m. As you can guess, its a never-ending job. Here's a shot of the Block.

Attachments
Etzion_Bloc.jpg
Etzion_Bloc.jpg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 90 times
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Sure thing, you got it Crossroads, here's some of what I've done to my 3d graphics in this game. Trying to get my hexes to look closer to 250m. As you can guess, its a never-ending job. Here's a shot of the Block.

Oh wow, that looks really nice, a very different feel to the map for sure !!!

Any chance of making your work public as a mod once you're done? I for one sure would like to try this out [:)]
---
K K Rossokolski

Post by K K Rossokolski »

Lovely work!!
Cheers
Rod Coles...KKR

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future."
Yogi Berra
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Maus Man,

WOW! Awesome!

Al
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
berto

Post by berto »

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

Oh wow, that looks really nice, a very different feel to the map for sure !!!

Any chance of making your work public as a mod once you're done? I for one sure would like to try this out [:)]
+1
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
dox44

Post by dox44 »

wow nice map maus man
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Holy crap, that's gorgeous!!
MausMan2

Post by MausMan2 »

Thanks guys, Its not quite google earth, but closer, for me anyway. I do indeed want to share this, along with similar stuff with my EF and WF games. Seems there's always one more thing to build or tweak. I'll get back into gathering this together and just consider it a work in progress.
..I do question my sanity at times since there's more time in this than just playing the thing. Will get some more screens posted over in the mod area.
budd

Post by budd »

that is a nice friggin map[:)] ....how about some screens with units on it, if possible.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
MausMan2

Post by MausMan2 »

As much as I like the 3d units, they didn't seem to fit with this terrain look. So I tried modding some units to give it the ol' counter look for the 3d view.

Attachments
EndOfBloc.jpg
EndOfBloc.jpg (1.83 MiB) Viewed 90 times
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Thanks guys, Its not quite google earth, but closer, for me anyway. I do indeed want to share this, along with similar stuff with my EF and WF games. Seems there's always one more thing to build or tweak. I'll get back into gathering this together and just consider it a work in progress.
..I do question my sanity at times since there's more time in this than just playing the thing. Will get some more screens posted over in the mod area.

If you need any assistance in packaging this as a mod let me know, more than happy to help [:)]
---
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

While putting in some finishing touches, for instance replacing the "Mud Base" in Info Box with a clean 3D base for a chance to better observe the units in question, I thought I'd quickly try out how something similar - without national identifications - would look in the map.

Would there be interest for a 3D Base Mod such as this one? Say the two colors here, one on the left to all "Side B" nations (Egypt, Syria, etc...) and the one on the right to all "Side A" (Israel, UK, etc...) nations?

Attachments
subtlebases.jpg
subtlebases.jpg (521.48 KiB) Viewed 90 times
---
berto

Post by berto »

I'm interested! Anything to make the 3D units stand out from the terrain better.

Although in your example screenshot, there is insufficient color difference between the sides' unit bases.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: berto
Although in your example screenshot, there is insufficient color difference between the sides' unit bases.

Think so? Here's another pic, Israeli troops closing in on Jordanians at Jenin. I put a preview available to Mods subforum, let me know!

edit oops wrong picture

Attachments
khaki3dbases.jpg
khaki3dbases.jpg (386.14 KiB) Viewed 90 times
---

Return to “Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985”