Units not surrendering

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

gregplatt52

Units not surrendering

Post by gregplatt52 »

I'm playing a server game me (wildweasel) against belphegor. I have Sicily Isolated (pop up info) and my opponents (axis) units are routing across the ferries even though I have two amphibious task forces blocking the crossing points. Is this a bug or is Sicily not actually isolated?
Seminole

RE: Units not surrendering

Post by Seminole »

Did you isolate them during the same turn they routed, or had they been isolated since the prior turn?
If in the same turn they will rout, but if you isolated them last week they should be surrendering this week if forced to retreat.
"War is never a technical problem only, and if in pursuing technical solutions you neglect the psychological and the political, then the best technical solutions will be worthless." - Hermann Balck
gregplatt52

Post by gregplatt52 »

Image[/URL][/img]

Image[/URL][/img]
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

The port of Messina is not isolated by the Task Group because it has an open sea hex to the North West. It would only be isolated if your Naval Interdiction on that hex is 2 greater then the Axis Naval interdiction.

EDIT: I can see by the fuzzy picture that the interdiction doesn't appear to be enough to stop the boats from leaving the port and allowing the units to rout. There is more then one way out of the city.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
gregplatt52

Post by gregplatt52 »

Is it just a graphical error then? The game is telling me that the Axis forces are isolated and I thought that isolated units with no retreat path surrendered. I also thought that units couldn't rout across the blocked ferries. Is it just a misunderstanding on my part?
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

There is a bug which sets isolated Axis units in supply during Allied logistics if it is in the port blocked by Amphib HQ. To be fixed in 1.01.13-14. For now you have to isolate them with naval interdiction only.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

The port of Messina is not isolated by the Task Group because it has an open sea hex to the North West. It would only be isolated if your Naval Interdiction on that hex is 2 greater then the Axis Naval interdiction.

That was my first thought as well viewing the pic, but wouldn't the TF adjacent to Messina be blocking the flow of supplies into the port hex itself? I think that is why the units showed isolated, even though Germans had a contested sea lane to Messina.
Helpless explained the bug, I'm just seeking to clarify the supply prevention power of the TF.
"War is never a technical problem only, and if in pursuing technical solutions you neglect the psychological and the political, then the best technical solutions will be worthless." - Hermann Balck
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Supplies shouldn't get it as it is all isolated during and after Axis logistics. Allied logistics just sets the "in supply" flag incorrectly.
Pavel Zagzin
gregplatt52

Post by gregplatt52 »

Thanks for the clarification.
gregplatt52

Post by gregplatt52 »

Any time frame on 1.01.13-14?
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Hopefully early January as Matrix production is busy with other tasks.
Pavel Zagzin

Return to “Tech Support”