Bought Game Today-Update?

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

SpicyJuan

Bought Game Today-Update?

Post by SpicyJuan »

Hello, I bought the game today and I was wondering if I had to install the updates or not or if they came with the download, many thanks.
Lobster

RE: Bought Game Today-Update?

Post by Lobster »

Start the game.
The first screen you see will be the splash screen. Look at the top menu bar and click on 'Help'.
There will be a drop down and one of the choices will say 'About'. Click on that.
At the top of the window the version number will be shown. They last patch was 3.4.1.9. If it says anything else you will have to download the last patch. I think it is a comprehensive patch meaning it includes all the older patches as well.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
SpicyJuan

Post by SpicyJuan »

ORIGINAL: Lobster

Start the game.
The first screen you see will be the splash screen. Look at the top menu bar and click on 'Help'.
There will be a drop down and one of the choices will say 'About'. Click on that.
At the top of the window the version number will be shown. They last patch was 3.4.1.9. If it says anything else you will have to download the last patch. I think it is a comprehensive patch meaning it includes all the older patches as well.
Thank you, how do I install the update?
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

You most likely have v3.2.2.927, so you probably need to get v3.4.0.202 and install that, then get v3.4.1.9 and install that. Somebody else may know that you don't need to do 3.4.0.202, but I am not sure if that is true.

How to install ? You double click the application file !
SpicyJuan

Post by SpicyJuan »

Thank you. Is it possible to re-download the game? I have done so with Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue, but it seems I can't for this game.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

You most likely have v3.2.2.927, so you probably need to get v3.4.0.202 and install that, then get v3.4.1.9 and install that. Somebody else may know that you don't need to do 3.4.0.202, but I am not sure if that is true.

How to install ? You double click the application file !

Didn't Bob say it was a comprehensive patch?

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Lobster

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: SpicyJuan

Thank you. Is it possible to re-download the game? I have done so with Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue, but it seems I can't for this game.

http://www.matrixgames.com/support/faq.asp?id=8

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”