[NEED SAVEGAME] Planes RTB directly over known hostile ships

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

schaefsky

[NEED SAVEGAME] Planes RTB directly over known hostile ships

Post by schaefsky »

Hello and congrats to your great game, really love it so far.
Having some issues with it though, some crashes (already reported) and in NI Badgers mission I just lost 2 Phantoms in a row because they RTBed with bingo fuel directly over known hostile missile cruisers.
Could not even manually direct them around because of fuel I guess, they always turned around after one second to their old route until shot down.
Really annoying, is there anything I can do to redirect planes that RTB with bingo fuel?
Chris21wen

RE: Planes RTB directly over known hostile ships

Post by Chris21wen »

There's a similar problem with RTB Winchester. Having snuck in low and released the primary weapon they turn around and go RTB Winchester which results in climbing and often slowing down, losing whatever benefit there is for being low. You can control this by setting 'do not return RTB' but that does not work with fuel.
schaefsky

Post by schaefsky »

Well it seems to be a general problem with auto-generated waypoints to me.
Wasn't paying attention and lost a P-3 with ASW loadout on sea control mission to yet another DDG that was in the P-3's path to its next waypoint.
I think units should avoid known threats when following auto waypoints, might be difficult if the target is not identified yet though.
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

You can manage this to an extent with no-nav zones (see manual for details). It's not perfect, and it does prevent units from shooting into the zone. It is better than letting units wander over enemy threats though.

ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Guys, can you please post some savegames showing this?

Thanks!

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
schaefsky

Post by schaefsky »

ORIGINAL: apache85

You can manage this to an extent with no-nav zones (see manual for details). It's not perfect, and it does prevent units from shooting into the zone. It is better than letting units wander over enemy threats though.

Thanks, will check this out!
ORIGINAL: emsoy

Guys, can you please post some savegames showing this?

Thanks!
Unfortunately, one savegame is (in real time) 2.5 hours before I posted here and the next one 0.5 hours later.
fvianello

Post by fvianello »

I'm having similar RTB problems with 1980 F-111 low-altitude Ground Strike missions. When RTB bingo or winchester is triggered, they go up to 10000 meters and become easy targets for soviet missiles.

An additional mission feature like "keep mission profile spd/alt in RTB leg" would be useful.
H. Barca,
Surplus Consuls Dispatcher
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

I believe arcraft on strike missions should adhere to the flight profile no matter what [8D] The exception could be if they need to hook up with tankers.

What version of the sim are you using?

Can you upload a savegame please?

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: apache85

No-nav zones are not an option so close to a target.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

I believe arcraft on strike missions should adhere to the flight profile no matter what [8D] The exception could be if they need to hook up with tankers.

What version of the sim are you using?

Can you upload a savegame please?

Unfortunately I forgot about the flight profiles. It might be these are what's wrong. For instance the switch from low to high might be occurring too early. Seems in some instances it occurs immediately after release instead of maintaining low until out of SAM range or at least from the immediate danger area.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Okay would be great if you could post a savegame :)

Rudd

Post by Rudd »

Rag has politely asked 3 times for a savegame, and nobody has yet to upload one.

If you think there is an issue, stop complaining and post a freaking savegame and screenshot, so if there is an problem they can address it.

PS Where's thewood been?
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

I'll do it when it happens again.
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

ORIGINAL: Rudd

Rag has politely asked 3 times for a savegame, and nobody has yet to upload one.

If you think there is an issue, stop complaining and post a freaking savegame and screenshot, so if there is an problem they c

PS Where's thewood been?

Anger management clinic [:D]
mercho

Post by mercho »

Yes the forum police thewood1.... don't really miss it... but i hope there is nothing serious because he is not around for so long.
Eine von einem Löwen geführte Armee von Rehen ist gefährlicher als eine von einem Reh geführte Armee von Löwen.

An army of deers led by a lion is more dangerous than an army of lions led by a deer. (Plutarch AD 46 – AD 120)

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”