Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta!

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

demyansk

RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta!

Post by demyansk »

Me too hope some screen shots
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

I just approved the final box art image (It looks great!), Slitherine will need some time to create professional manual so I'm not sure we will make it for Christmas but we are close now ;)
frighteningfred

Post by frighteningfred »

Im very interested in playtesting this. I am an ASL gamer and love all things tactical. From Boardgames to PC. I would love to have the opportunity.
Thank you in advance
Sean Druelinger
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

Hi Sean,

I'm not sure matrix games/Slitherine is accepting beta testers anymore as we are very close to release, you will get your chance to play the game soon.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

As long as it is nothing like Tigers Unleashed and POA2. Awesome potential but both were a complete waste of money (imo) with the TTS common files system, etc. [:(]

Anyway, I will buy your game.
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

Tigers on the Hunt is different than TU or POA2. Tigers on the Hunt is I-Go-You-Go (inspired by ASL, meaning defensive fire can interrupt enemy unit movement), TU is WEGO.

In addition, TU is a bit at higher scale, with one vehicle counter possibly representing more than actual vehicles (platoon) whereas In Tigers on the Hunt 1 vehicle counter = 1 actual vehicle. From boardgames perspective, I would say TU is grand tactical scale and Tigers on the Hunt is pure tactical scale.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

It sounds really good, thanks.

I have almost all HPS games. It's just that the turn resolution for Tigers and POA2 took forever. Beyond that, they could have been great.
wodin

Post by wodin »

The next big patch really improves TU into nearly a totally new game. Scot, Joseph,Jeff and myself have spent hours and hours testing and adding to TU. It will not only be much improved gameplay but also have brand new unit symbols and new sounds.

ORIGINAL: rosseau

It sounds really good, thanks.

I have almost all HPS games. It's just that the turn resolution for Tigers and POA2 took forever. Beyond that, they could have been great.
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

If the base game sells reasonably well, I will be working on an expansion adding Italian and French nationalities + more scenarios. In addition, I was thinking of adding friendly AI feature. Meaning, for a big scenario with too many friendly units, the player can just focus on controlling few units and leave the rest to the friendly AI. The player will have the ability in every turn to change which units the he will control vs friendly AI.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

If the base game sells reasonably well,
wish you all the best in that department, you have worked hard and long enough on it, so fingers crossed you get the rewards[&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
guderian68

Post by guderian68 »

Hi everybody,

I'm also very interested in this wargame but i'm just a little coriuos about a particular : why there is no trace of the game on the whole site of the matrix ? Only this list of posts, no coming soon or devolepment sub-forum while it seems that it will be out very very soon.
Is there any particluar reason ?
Thanks a lot

Paolo
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

Hi Paolo,

The game is still officially in development (though I'm done with coding for a while now), I handed off the manual to matrix games/Slitherine they will give it a professional look. Everything else is done from my side. If everything goes well, I think we should be ready within 2-3 months.

The game website is here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/578 ... n.the.Hunt
Tamas

Post by Tamas »

ORIGINAL: guderian68

Hi everybody,

I'm also very interested in this wargame but i'm just a little coriuos about a particular : why there is no trace of the game on the whole site of the matrix ? Only this list of posts, no coming soon or devolepment sub-forum while it seems that it will be out very very soon.
Thanks a lot

Paolo

You are correct, this is something we indeed owe the game still. It is an impressive tactical wargame, so we certainly would like to give people the chance to discuss it! We will get around creating it's own forum very soon!
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Tamas

ORIGINAL: guderian68

Hi everybody,

Thanks a lot

Paolo

You are correct, this is something we indeed owe the game still. It is an impressive tactical wargame, so we certainly would like to give people the chance to discuss it! We will get around creating it's own forum very soon!

Great, I think a number of us are looking forward to this game.

Thanks
Rick
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

When I didn't see a game page I was worried the game was tied up in some legal web.
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Gerry

When I didn't see a game page I was worried the game was tied up in some legal web.

Nope, all is good...we are almost there :)
farnarkle

Post by farnarkle »

Hello Peter,

I feel I need to offer an apology of sorts, I started helping out with the Beta but had to take a break at one stage - I thought it was a temporary one but life got out of hand a bit so I was unable to return. I didn't get around to formally requesting a break so I am sorry. Good luck and I am looking forwards to the formal release.

Ian
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Peter:

Curious about building types. IIRC there will be multi-storey buildings? Will there be factories?

Would someone like me who never created a scenario be able to build a small ASL-type scenario or would that be beyond a neophyte?

Glad to hear you are close!

Gerry
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

There are two building types: wood and stone, there is also wood and stone rubble. There are no multi-story buildings.

The editor is easy to use, all the editor features are described in the manual. Also there will be a tutorial video how to use the editor by the scenario designer himself :)

Building a small ASL like 1 map scenario will be very easy ;) I'm also providing few map templates that you can load and use so you don't have to build a map from scratch. You then just add few units in the maps, setup VPOs in the map and set the AI to attack or defend and you can start playing.
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Peter:

I am wondering why no multi-story buildings (it leaves the battlefield so flat for me). ASL has an algorithm to figure out LOS with these buildings so it could be programmed as players figure it out in a few secs themselves. Very frustrating as all game developers for tactical WW II games are going this route.

Sorry for the mini-rant. All the best.

Gerry

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”