Problem Installing

Pacific War is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
demyansk

Problem Installing

Post by demyansk »

I downloaded the 3.2 version and can't get the game to run. A box comes up about win32 and win64 version of the program, i am running windows 7 64 bit and I tried to run in XP as well.

I installed into it's own folder on my hard drive - not in the program files which I will try next.
Capt. Harlock

RE: Problem Installing

Post by Capt. Harlock »

Unfortunately, PacWar will not run by itself under Windows 7 or later versions. It is a DOS-based game, and starting from Vista, there is no longer direct support for DOS. You need a DOS emulator such as DOSBox, available at:
www.dosbox.com/

If you have a machine running XP, your prospects are better. Check out the "Win XP, Win2000... Pacific War works!!! Read how!!!" thread at the top of the thread list.
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks captain, I guess if I want to , get admiral edition.
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: demjansk

Thanks captain, I guess if I want to , get admiral edition.

Demjansk, the best way I have found today was using "D-Fend Reloaded". It is on the same webpage as dosbox.

Follow the instructions, pretty straightforward, and you're playing in no time. I am on computer I built in 05/2016. I have 8 cores, win 10, and a Titan graphics card. None of that really matters except that it may make it more difficult to get the program running. But D-Fend Reloaded (a Front end) works very well for me.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks for the info. I think I used that program at one time
captainjoppe

Post by captainjoppe »

Great I was just looking for a good DosBox [8D]
Hasta la vista baby

Return to “Pacific War: The Matrix Edition”