Focus Pacific Beta

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

CaptBeefheart

RE: Focus Pacific Beta

Post by CaptBeefheart »

One thing I've noticed is that the French are still light on Naval Air leaders as well as TF leaders. French Army Air is fine.

Cheers,
CC
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

ORIGINAL: Commander Cody

One thing I've noticed is that the French are still light on Naval Air leaders as well as TF leaders. French Army Air is fine.

Cheers,
CC

Noted, thanks. I'll add a bunch in the next patch. Right now I just need to find the time to do all the data entry to get these bugs squared away.

I appreciate everyone's feedback to help make the mod better!

Cody, I know that you played a game with Lowpe. Do you think he would mind taking a look at the Japanese air upgrade paths?
paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

ORIGINAL: General Patton

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

Don't know if it is something you have fixed previously and doesn't show in my game started on the initial release, but the French FP carrying subs enter with no air squadrons and finding lone FPs to put on them is a chore.

The French float plane for the subs is;

Besson MB.411

I haven't looked for the stats yet. But I did look in RHS and it is not in that mod....GP

I'll probably wind up using the Latecore float plane for the Surcouf class so that we don't have to add another air asset to the game.
CaptBeefheart

Post by CaptBeefheart »

ORIGINAL: paradigmblue

ORIGINAL: Commander Cody

Cheers,
CC

Cody, I know that you played a game with Lowpe. Do you think he would mind taking a look at the Japanese air upgrade paths?

I would PM him. I doubt he'd mind unless he's real busy. He certainly should have a good idea on upgrade paths and timing.

Cheers,
CC
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

Don't know if it is something you have fixed previously and doesn't show in my game started on the initial release, but the French FP carrying subs enter with no air squadrons and finding lone FPs to put on them is a chore.

The French float plane for the subs is;

Besson MB.411

I haven't looked for the stats yet. But I did look in RHS and it is not in that mod....GP

I'll probably wind up using the Latecore float plane for the Surcouf class so that we don't have to add another air asset to the game.

That would be better. I can't find the Besson anywhere, in any mod as of yesterday. But I do have specs if you want them. Maybe simply rename the unit change the specs add 1 build per month and be done with it. the art can stay the same. I am going to post some fixes and suggestions in my next post....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Para,
Below are some changes that include unit fixes. The other stuff I will email to you.

LCU's;
1. ID# 7983 change to 3rd from 2nd.

Air Units;
1. ID# 2283 Name change line, from "2" to 2nd FG/1st FG
2. ID# 2624 Delete "Det" from name. Or update rename line to remove it.(Better option).
3. ID#'s 4428, 4429, 4430,4431, and 4432 Change name from 4th BG to 402nd BG. I forgot to check, but I believe 402 BG is free. But 4TH is taken.
4. ID# 3102 Change unit size to start at 12, upgrade to 18, 24. Currently goes to 72 and then drops to 18.
5. ID# 4445 Check upgrade path. I think Hans already mentioned this one. the circular upgrade path.
6. I would add 2 to 4 single plane british float plane units,(resizeable) a couple to show up at Aden and a couple to show up at CapeTown. The reason being, some British ships show up missing there float planes. Maybe a few French ones two.

That's it for now....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

btd64

Post by btd64 »

Para,
m10bob posted in this part of the forum something interesting. And it is correct. Victoria Canada had a shipyard capacity of 52,000 tons. Panamax Capacity as it is called. This was as of the beginning of WWII. Which means the shipyard can fit any ship that can fit through the Panama Canal. Such as Battleships. I added it to my variation already....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

btd64

Post by btd64 »

Bruce, Couple more for you.
The upgrade dates for the Swordfish II needs to be changed from 43/10 to 41/12.
The upgrade dates for the Avenger I needs to be changed from 44/03 to 43/03....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

I had to leave town on business and have been tied up taking care of my partner who just had surgery, but I hope to start working on the next patch with all these fixes this week. Keep the issues coming and I'll try to incorporate as many of the fixes as I can.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Para, I'll put in the items that I know about and read above posts to get some others done. I'll send you the file tomorrow during the day along with a change log....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

btd64

Post by btd64 »

Para, little behind. Working on it today. I found some other stuff to....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

No worries. Even if you don't get to it in the editor, just send me the specific issue, as I usually just manually copy everything to my version of the scenario file anyway.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Para, I'm sending you some files in an hour or so. I'm just looking for some art....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

dwg

Post by dwg »

You seem incredibly knowledgeable about the KNIL. Would you be willing to put together a rough suggestion for reinforcement convoys with devices and dates, as well as a rough TOE and upgrade date for the mechanized brigades? I'd love to add these to the game. I may also include a DB7 variant that is Torpedo capable.

Specific suggestions for vehicle or armament factories in DEI hexes would be fantastic as well if you have the time!

I'm only popping by here occasionally, and it's mostly I remembered where to look stuff up on the Overvalwagen forum. No real idea on convoy dates, I'm afraid.
Skyland

Post by Skyland »

I can't find the Besson anywhere, in any mod as of yesterday. But I do have specs if you want them. Maybe simply rename the unit change the specs add 1 build per month and be done with it. the art can stay the same. I am going to post some fixes and suggestions in my next post....GP

Hello,
You can find the Marcel Besson here in my mod :
https://sites.google.com/site/waroptionswitpaemod/home

Attachments
A_PlaneSide0161.bmp.jpg
A_PlaneSide0161.bmp.jpg (6.62 KiB) Viewed 309 times
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: Skyland

I can't find the Besson anywhere, in any mod as of yesterday. But I do have specs if you want them. Maybe simply rename the unit change the specs add 1 build per month and be done with it. the art can stay the same. I am going to post some fixes and suggestions in my next post....GP

Hello,

Thank you Skyland. If possible can you email me just the art for the Besson. My concern is it's image overlapping art we already have in that slot. What do you think? Aircraft art i'm not so good with. Everything else i'm pretty good with....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

ORIGINAL: Skyland

Hello,

Thank you Skyland. If possible can you email me just the art for the Besson. My concern is it's image overlapping art we already have in that slot. What do you think? Aircraft art i'm not so good with. Everything else i'm pretty good with....GP

I can pull the individual image and transfer it to the art files Patton.

I loathe working with aircraft art, as I'm terrible with photoshop, but I can do it.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Just to keep everyone up to date, I have sent Para a bunch of fixes and updates and some new stuff for him to incorporate into the next patch. Stay tuned.....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

Patch 1.02.2 is up, and can be found here. This patch will work with all previous versions of Focus Pacific 1.01 Beta.

For a new install, first install the full mod, then the patch.

Acknowledgements

General Patton actually did most of the grunt work on the patch, a big thank-you to him for his hard work.
Mad Man Rick contributed most of the updated air-art that comes with the patch.
I'm continuing to use Skyland's assets for French units, in this case the sub-launched float plane new in this patch.
dwg for inspiration for some new twists for the Dutch.
Forum users Hans Bolter and others for their continued feedback.
JuanG for the B-19s from his Washington Naval Treaty mod.

New Features

New Aircraft

New to 1.02.2 is the B-19 Raider heavy bomber. This very long range bomber is available to the allies in limited numbers starting in mid-42. Small replacement rates and high service rating are balanced by its impressive capabilities. The Navy also will field a patrol variant with reduced bomb load.

Also new to this patch is the MB 411 French float plane. This aircraft is used on the submarines Bouvier and Surcouf. Both now arrive with a 1 plane FP group embarked.

New Air Artwork

Ten French planes now sport their correct paint jobs instead of USN/USAAF colors. Thanks to Madman Rick for the artwork!

Aircraft Changes

-Free French SBC-4 Helldivers: I created a new aircraft for this version, and split the CW-77 to it's own airframe so that there is now a carrier capable and non carrier capable version. French carriers now will use the SBC-4 FF Helldiver instead of the CW-77.
-Skyrocket changes: New to this version is the F5F Skyrocket, a carrier capable version of the P-50 with reduced performance. Pools are low and it is phased out of service in the 1943 as the Hellcat comes online.
-The P-50 line has been tweaked a bit, with P-65 version appearing later.
-The French get a recon aircraft, the Breguet 694, which is an unarmed 697 with cameras. The French start the game with two of these squadrons, with a third arriving later.
-The Dutch receive a torpedo capable version of the DB-7B. These planes begin to arrive mid-42.

Balance Changes

The National Guard divisions have been removed from the US West Coast. Their inclusion made it too safe for the allied player to buy out all their AV on the West Coast.

Increased supply generation at Aden and Capetown to compensate for the emergency reinforcements that now start the game in those positions.

Moved up availability of Swordfish II and Avenger DBs for NZ and Australia.

Increased Victoria's shipyard capacity to 53,000 tons.

Changes Wickes class APDs to now carry 150 troops and 100 cargo.

Created a new static base force at Alameda.

The Wildcat V has been removed as a French Plane. This simplifies the French carrier fighter's upgrade path.

French P-63's are now classified as fighters rather than fighter bombers so more squadrons can potentially upgrade to these airframes.

Soviet 20mm ShVAK Cannons have had their effect tweaked upwards by 1. They are now a little less accurate but a little more powerful than the 20mm Hispano.

Bug Fixes

*Fixed various naming issues of LCUs and air units.
*Fixed the Bretagne and Dunkerque class so they no longer upgrade to use land AA guns.
*Fixed some squadron sizing issues.
*Added a port to Uel Kal that it should have had originally.
*Reduced the penetration of the French 138mm Naval Guns, they had been originally set much too high.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

Thanks for the update guys.

I'm really, really bad at waiting until after an update to remember something I wanted to mention.

Keep forgetting to mention that the 8cm Bofors AA guns on the BB Loraine will not replenish ammo no matter if I try at a level 9 port or from a 5400 capacity AE.
Hans

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”