Matrix v. update?

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Urpå

Matrix v. update?

Post by Urpå »

Will there be an update for the Matrix version so it will match the Steam one?
Wargame is the m*********ing answer!
Vic

RE: Matrix v. update?

Post by Vic »

Hi there,

As far as I am aware there wouldn't be any difference between the Steam and the Matrix version.

The reason the Steam one has a higher version number is just because Steam needed a few code changes.

Are there any specific issues here in for example a PBEM++ match or something?
or just curiosity?

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Urpå

Post by Urpå »

No issues. Infact, I do have a PBEM game going vs a Steam buyer and there hasn't been any problems that we are aware of.

However, I did wonder the warning label at first (at the time I didn't know the game was also available at Steam) and it took a few mails to clear up the confusion. Afterwards I've had a couple starts on server that haven't gone past T1. Since server game communication is more clunky perhaps new comers will abandon the game before even starting when the warning label pops up? Having the same v. by default would certainly clear up that kind of an issue.

Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: Urpå

No issues. Infact, I do have a PBEM game going vs a Steam buyer and there hasn't been any problems that we are aware of.

However, I did wonder the warning label at first (at the time I didn't know the game was also available at Steam) and it took a few mails to clear up the confusion. Afterwards I've had a couple starts on server that haven't gone past T1. Since server game communication is more clunky perhaps new comers will abandon the game before even starting when the warning label pops up? Having the same v. by default would certainly clear up that kind of an issue.

Agree this aint ideal.
Putting it on the to-do list.

Thanks for taking the time to report on this issue. Its appreciated.

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
DOB0041

Post by DOB0041 »

Hi,

I am also playing a campaign against Urpå and I realize a significant difference in Victory Points.

My Game against Urpå has Victory condition 500 VP for a Major german victory and 350 for a minor.

My other game against a Buddy has 450 VP for a Major german victory and 420 VP for a minor and additionally there exist a rule that german can gain VP not only by taking cities but also by creating losses on russian troops.

I and my Buddy downloaded DC CB this spring (don't know if we have steam or not [&:]) and are running Version V106h2

I don't know what Urpå is running for a Version...

I also have the experience that the Germans - in campaign with my Buddy - have to take much more losses as the Germans have to take in my game with Urpå in similar Situation when they attack well fortified russian defensive positions.

Maybe this is reasoned by Urpås better preparation of operational combat. But still it Looks for me like a different engine calculating combat results.
“In War: Resolution,
In Defeat: Defiance,
In Victory: Magnaminity
In Peace: Good Will.”

¯ Winston S. Churchill, The Second World War
Urpå

Post by Urpå »

I'm using the 106h2 version as well.

Wrt casualties: alas, it's fairly normal to get crazy casualty ratios on the ground. On the offensive (either side, but for Axis it's easier IMO) it's quite simple to arrange situations that cause neglible casualties for the attacking side by using arty/air and concentric bonuses.

It sounds to me you are using a modded scenario with your friend.
DOB0041

Post by DOB0041 »

At least we didn't downloaded any mod Scenario... PBEM Scenario what is available. I don't understand ...

[&:][&:][&:][&:]
“In War: Resolution,
In Defeat: Defiance,
In Victory: Magnaminity
In Peace: Good Will.”

¯ Winston S. Churchill, The Second World War

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”