A competition to make other forumites smile despite international events of the unfortunate kind

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

geofflambert

A competition to make other forumites smile despite international events of the unfortunate kind

Post by geofflambert »

I know that this forum cannot be an outlet for the anger all of us feel about recent incidents. I also know that keeping rage in is not healthy.
I also know that many of us come to this forum to escape serious and disturbing things we are exposed to elsewhere.
I thought I could start a thread which likely won't last long but could give us at this time a refuge, a place to laugh or a place to groan. Here is my initial entry. You will be scoring points with your entries and whoever wins will be all of us.

I'm not sure what purchase this will have outside the US, you may be scratching your heads, but here it is:

Do you know what the French use to stick stuff together?

Liquid Snails.

Do you know what happens the day after you eat bratwurst?

You pass mustard.

I can now save you the energy of tapping out a few comments on your keyboard. Booooooo! Hisssss!

tocaff

RE: A competition to make other forumites smile despite international events of the unfortunate kind

Post by tocaff »

[&:]
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
Zorch

RE: A competition to make other forumites smile despite international events of the unfortunate kind

Post by Zorch »

Famous Roman with a cold? Julius Sneezer.

Biggest moving job in history? Wheeling, West Virginia.
dcpollay

Post by dcpollay »

A neutron walks into a bar and orders a drink. He asks the bartender, "How much?"

The bartender replies, "For you? No charge!"
"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

Formerly known as Colonel Mustard, before I got Slitherine Syndrome.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: tocaff

[&:]

here's what inspired the first one

It's still stupid. I'm an expert on that.
Attachments
liqnails.jpg
liqnails.jpg (7.33 KiB) Viewed 244 times

Encircled

Post by Encircled »

The insects challenge the birds to a football (soccer) match.

First half, its a bit of a nightmare for the insects as they are 11-0 down, and at half time they bring in a millipede.

He's outstanding, completely changes the game and scores all twelve goals as the insects go on to win 12-11.

After the game, the birds ask him "Why the hell where you not playing from the start, you were brilliant"

The millipede shrugs and says "well, it took me the whole first half to get my football boots on"
CaptBeefheart

Post by CaptBeefheart »

Little Johnny was sitting on a park bench munching on one candy
bar after another.

After the 6th one a man on the bench across from him said,

"Son, you know eating all that candy isn't good for you. It will
give you acne, rot your teeth, make you fat."

Little Johnny replied, "My grandfather lived to be 107 years
old."

The man asked, "Did your grandfather eat 6 candy bars at a time?"

Little Johnny answered, "No, he minded his own f-ing business!"

Cheers,
CC
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

The quality of the competition is improving.

wdolson

Post by wdolson »

A guy walked into a bar... and said "Ouch"
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

What's orange and sounds like a parrot.........a carrot.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
Puhis

Post by Puhis »

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps, "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says, "Calm down. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence; then a gun shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says, "OK, now what?
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Red Lancer

What's orange and sounds like a parrot.........a carrot.
What's brown and sounds like a bell? Dung!
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

Two guys from LA would go elk hunting every year in Colorado without success. Year after year, they hunted and hunted, but always came home without an elk.

Finally they came up with a foolproof plan. They rented a very authentic cow elk costume and learned the mating call of a cow elk. The plan was to hide inside the costume, lure in a bull elk, then come out of the costume, surprising the elk before shooting it.

So, they set themselves up on the edge of a clearing, (in their costume), and gave the elk love call. Before long their call was answered by a large bull elk roaming around the edge of the forest. They called again, and the elk answered closer to them. They called again, and the elk answered, then came crashing out of the forest and into the clearing. As the elk's pounding hoof beats got closer the guy in front said, "OK, let's get out and get him".

After a moment the guy in the back shouts: "THE ZIPPER IS STUCK, WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?!"

The guy in the front says, "Well, I'm going to start nibbling grass, but you better brace yourself!"
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
littleike

Post by littleike »

Two guys decided to go hunting birds, so they took guns, munitions, the dog and started hunting.
After many hours without having hunt nothing one said to the other:
After so many hours we have not took a single bird. I am sure we mistake something!
I agree said the other; maybe we do not throw the dog enough high.
Three jet pilot useless things: Sky above you, airstrip behind you and half second ago.
Zigurat666

Post by Zigurat666 »

Translate the following newfie slang

M R Snakes
M R Not
O S A R
C D B D ii

scroll down for answer

Them are snakes
No theyre not
Oh yes they are
See the beady eyes??
Panjack

Post by Panjack »

A physicist, an engineer, and a statistician go hunting. They see a deer, a quite oblivious deer mind you, in the far distance.

The physicist takes the first shot, but his bullet travels 2 feet too low because in his calculations he assumed he was shooting in a vacuum. The engineer shoots next, but her bullet sails 2 feet too high because she over-compensated for air resistance. The engineer turns to the statistician and says, “It’s your turn to shoot.”

The statistician smiles and says, “No need to shoot again. We got it!”
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

My wife liked that one Bill

an old one

Attachments
gb.jpg
gb.jpg (29.92 KiB) Viewed 244 times
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Guy goes in to see his dentist.

Patient: Doc, ya gotta help me. I'm having a massive problem with my dental implants.

Dentist: [removes and examines patient's upper dental plate] My goodness! This is filled with holes! It's like it's been etched with acid or something. What on Earth are you eating?

Patient: [thinks for a while] Well, it could be the eggs Benedict, I suppose. I love 'em. Can't get enough. Sometimes I'll have them two or three times a day, doc.

Dentist: [ponders] Well...it could be the hollandaise. There's a fair amount of lemon used in producing that. If that's the case, I'll have to replace your existing enameled plate with one that's entirely chromed.

Patient: Chrome? Why chrome?

Dentist: Because everyone knows-there's no plate like chrome for the hollandaise.

[:'(]
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

owch! that hurt[:D]

A big city lawyer went duck hunting in rural North Wairarapa
He shot and
dropped a bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of a
fence. As the lawyer climbed over the fence, an elderly farmer drove up on his
tractor and asked him what he was doing.

The litigator responded, "I shot a duck and it fell in this field, and now
I'm going to retrieve it."

The old farmer replied, "This is my property, and you are not coming over
here."

The indignant lawyer said, "I am one of the best trial attorneys in New
Zealand and, if you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and take
everything you own."

The old farmer smiled and said, "Apparently, you don't know how we settle
disputes in North Wairarapa. We settle small disagreements like this with
the 'Three Kick Rule.'"

The lawyer asked, "What is the 'Three Kick Rule'?"

The Farmer replied, "Well, because the dispute occurs on my land, I get to
go first. I kick you three times and then you kick me three times and so on
back and forth until someone gives up."

The attorney quickly thought about the proposed contest and decided that he
could easily take the old codger. He agreed to abide by the local custom.
The old farmer slowly climbed down from the tractor and walked up to the
attorney. His first kick planted the toe of his heavy steel toed work boot
into the lawyer's groin and dropped him to his knees!

His second kick to the midriff sent the lawyer's last meal gushing from his
mouth. The lawyer was on all fours when the farmer's third kick to his rear
end, sent him face-first into a fresh cow pie.

The lawyer summoned every bit of his will and remaining strength and very
slowly managed to get to his feet. Wiping his face with the arm of his
jacket, he said, "Okay, you old fart. Now it's my turn."
(I love this part)

The old farmer smiled and said, "Nah, I give up. You can have the duck."

zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

ahh one more for the road

An Irishman moves into a tiny hamlet in County Kerry, walks into the pub and promptly orders three beers. The bartender raises his eyebrows, but serves the man three beers, which he drinks quietly at a table, alone.

An hour later, the man has finished the three beers and orders three more.

This happens yet again.

The next evening the man again orders and drinks three beers at a time, several times. Soon the entire town is whispering about the Man Who Orders Three Beers.

Finally, a week later, the bartender broaches the subject on behalf of the town. “I don’t mean to pry, but folks around here are wondering why you always order three beers.”

‘Tis odd, isn’t it?” the man replies, “You see, I have two brothers, and one went to America, and the other to Australia. We promised each other that we would always order an extra two beers whenever we drank as a way of keeping up the family bond.”

The bartender and soon the whole town was pleased with this answer, and soon the Man Who Orders Three Beers became a local celebrity and source of pride to the hamlet, even to the extent that out-of-towners would come to watch him drink.

Then, one day, the man comes in and orders only two beers. The bartender pours them with a heavy heart. This continues for the rest of the evening – he orders only two beers. The word flies around town. Prayers are offered for the soul of one of the brothers.

The next day, the bartender says to the man, “Folks around here, me first of all, want to offer condolences to you for the death of your brother. You know-the two beers and all”

The man ponders this for a moment, then replies, “You’ll be happy to hear that my two brothers are alive and well It’s just that I, meself, have decided to give up drinking for Lent.”[/align][/align]

[/align][/align][/align][/align]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”