Steam authentication Hotfix for Germany Reforged Posted

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

Erik Rutins

Steam authentication Hotfix for Germany Reforged Posted

Post by Erik Rutins »

Please restart your Steam client to allow it to download if it hasn't downloaded and installed already. This should resolve the issue some customers were seeing on Steam where the Germany Reforged expansion was not unlocking correctly after installation.

This is not an issue for the Matrix Games installers, no fix required if you used those to install your game(s).

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Rosseau

RE: Steam authentication Hotfix for Germany Reforged Posted

Post by Rosseau »

In a related issue, bought FPRS and then Reforger on release and finally got around to activating FPRS on Steam today. Main game activated on Steam, but the Slitherine site still gives me "register serial" instead of redeem key. Does it take a certain amt of time to kick in?
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

To activate Reforged on Steam, you need to use the Matrix serial number on Steam. Once entered there the DLC will download. See the post on n redeeming Steam keys for more details.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
cgoddard

Post by cgoddard »

i AM ALSO HAVING ISSUES - SENT E MAIL TO SUPPORT. I got the main game serial on Slitherine site to generate a steam key but the code for the add on says invalid so no luck - therefore somehow the game does not load via steam - just says serial number entered is invalid - not a happy camper. Did find a second serial number from order and tried entering direct to Steam - which recognized it and downloaded the DLC - completely different process than main game. However same issue with error message even after re starting Steam client

Switched to Steam as in game update installer would not work.

Anyway updated support request and will see what happens.
cgoddard

Post by cgoddard »

Finally seem to have solved.

Had to ensure both game and expansion were registered. Had to generate separate Steam keys on Slitherine site although it took several attempts before option appeared for expansion.

Entered each into steam to get download. The having started you get yet another code from steam which you enter back into Matrix site!!

Good grief, could it be any more complicated and also not documented fully anywhere. Thought i would share in case others having issues
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

ChrisReb, glad to hear that it is working, but that seems like too much work and I agree it should be easier. I will elevate this issue to Matrix/Slitherine folks and see why it was so hard to get things to register in a single shot. I'm not aware of getting a code from Steam that has to go back to Matrix.

cgoddard

Post by cgoddard »

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

ChrisReb, glad to hear that it is working, but that seems like too much work and I agree it should be easier. I will elevate this issue to Matrix/Slitherine folks and see why it was so hard to get things to register in a single shot. I'm not aware of getting a code from Steam that has to go back to Matrix.

Thanks for the interest. The code displays in steam when you start the game and without copying it and then registering this you get the error message on trying to get into the game. Should have been clearer in saying main game needed a steam key generating by Slitherine whilst for expansion this does not happen and you enter the expansion key directly into steam to download it. So in essence 3 completely different processes to go through.
cgoddard

Post by cgoddard »

Oh well 2 days of being able to start the game and today back to problems with an invalid serial number. Re raised ticket with support for one last go before I ask for a refund. I already have 3 registered serial numbers plus another steam key and one that doubles as both for the game and the extension module.

What an absolute pile of rubbish to get this to run at all.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

I feel your pain. We have had fun trying to integrate all this as well. I'm still of the belief that a number of these issues stem from missing or corrupted support library files. New OSs and bad updates aren't helping either. I have a message in with Erik at Matrix to see if we can get someone to help work this out. Sorry for the frustration and hopefully we can get this resolved so you can play the game.

cgoddard

Post by cgoddard »

I feel your pain. We have had fun trying to integrate all this as well. I'm still of the belief that a number of these issues stem from missing or corrupted support library files. New OSs and bad updates aren't helping either. I have a message in with Erik at Matrix to see if we can get someone to help work this out. Sorry for the frustration and hopefully we can get this resolved so you can play the game.

Thanks. For now I realised I still have my original downloaded game installers. Have installed these and patched tp 2.0.11. I can now at least play the game and may just have to accept that I cannot have it through Steam. As you say, to me it looks like some database issues between Slitherine and Matrix. I have registered the games in both places and in trying to re register it confirms those serial numbers are already registered.

Someone really needs to get all this pulled together for the sakes of the reputation of both companies
cgoddard

Post by cgoddard »

Well wouldn't you know it! Having re opened my query and reinstalled the standalone version of the game and patched to 2.11 and played t - the Steam version decided to work today!

I am hoping to re try for the next few days as it went wrong before after a couple of days without any changes being made.

Really makes it hard to track down the reason which at present just seems to be how the game/PC/Steam got out of bed.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Keep us posted if you find some cause to the weirdness.

cgoddard

Post by cgoddard »

Keep us posted if you find some cause to the weirdness.

Will do - worked again today

Return to “Tech Support”