Japanese Score in PBEM stock Guadalcanal

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

nardiajn

Japanese Score in PBEM stock Guadalcanal

Post by nardiajn »

All -
my opponent brought up something 'strange' in his Tracker
regarding my (Japanese) points
Stock Guadalcanal
PBEM
current update.

Aug 15 turn
Allies have Tulagi and Lunga
Japan has
255 Political Points
21 bases controlled
base points 211
score 239

Aug 10
Japan has Tulagi Allies have Lunga
Japan has
165 Political Points
22 Bases Controlled
Base points 1410
score 1427
Japan has lost 3 ships for a total of 61 points
and 6 Aircraft points lost

is this 'normal' ??
could this be due to low supply ???
very puzzled on this one
sfatula

RE: Japanese Score in PBEM stock Guadalcanal

Post by sfatula »

What I see in WITP Tracker is for turn 2 (Aug 7), Japan had 6,212 VP, with a base VP of 6,213. On turn 3 (Aug 8), Japan shows as having 3,916 VP and the same base VP, 6,213.

I'd like to understand how he lost 2,296 points on turn 3, when the bases were exactly the same, did not conquer anything yet. Maybe just a tracker issue? Something else? If this can be, would love to understand why for future use.

Allies VP went from 4,646 on turn 2 to 4,467 on turn 3. Which is right as I shot a plane down.

I think Aug 10 and Aug 15 is ok. Those losses are due to Tulagi and Lunga, lots of points there. It's turn 2 to 3 in WITP Tracker that make no sense, but, maybe there are some VP rules that would explain it. I don't know what the VP showed in game as did not get a screen capture of it. Just relying on WITP Tracker for that.
btd64

RE: Japanese Score in PBEM stock Guadalcanal

Post by btd64 »

Check to make sure that both you and your opponent have the same version of the game and any updates/betas. If you don't, It's probably the dreaded sync bug. There are many posts in this forum about it....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”