Another Bug for the next patch!

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Larry Smith

Another Bug for the next patch!

Post by Larry Smith »

Simply put, I have noticed that when I return ships to port at the end of the turn, they are not becoming disorganized. I just put a large fleet back into Gibraltar - four or five CW carriers and at least that many cruisers - but none of that force showed up during the use oil phase, and the units were all disorganized the next turn.

Also, the previous game turn [May/June 1941], I had used the carrier planes for port strikes, and had the ships all remain at sea to retain control of the Western Med, but there was no CP in place to carry oil for reorganization, so all those carrier planes should have been disorganized for the Jul/Aug turn! They were not! They DID show up on the previous use oil form, even though there was no way to physically get oil to them [as far as the rules go].

I'm used to the CW gobbling up oil like its going out of style, so this is definitely weird.

I've included a save, right at the US Return to base phase [just three cruisers in the East Coast], then it should go right to the Use Oil phase.
Attachments
ReturnTo..dStates.zip
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
paulderynck

RE: Another Bug for the next patch!

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: Larry Smith
Also, the previous game turn [May/June 1941], I had used the carrier planes for port strikes, and had the ships all remain at sea to retain control of the Western Med, but there was no CP in place to carry oil for reorganization, so all those carrier planes should have been disorganized for the Jul/Aug turn! They were not! They DID show up on the previous use oil form, even though there was no way to physically get oil to them [as far as the rules go].
I don't think this part is a problem. RAW7 states ships at sea are always in supply, but do need oil to re-organize (without having to trace to it).
Paul
Larry Smith

Post by Larry Smith »

The game never used to allow that with the limited overseas supply option in effect. I have always - with MWiF - had to have a friendly CP in the zone to carry oil to my ships and their aircraft, to re-organize them at sea. I've always had to have that CP there to carry the oil, but I am always using the limited overseas supply rule, as well as the oil rules. Not that I'm all that fussed about it. The amount of oil a carrier air group might use compared to a much larger land-based air group is negligible, yet they both use the same amount, so I'm all for getting an oil-free at-sea re-organizing for those planes. Even with two groups per carrier, the largest ones in WWII barely had a hundred planes total. The land based groups are supposed to be at least twice that size.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

I don't think this part is a problem. RAW7 states ships at sea are always in supply, but do need oil to re-organize (without having to trace to it).

From the oil rules in RAW7:

But you must be able
to trace a path from the unit to the oil resource. This path is exactly
like a basic supply path (including via overseas) (see 2.4.2) except
that it can be of any length.
No more than 5 units can trace a path to the same oil resource.

So ships and carrier planes at sea should trace a path to an oil resource. The supply rule isn't the same as this one...
Peter
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

FAQ:

Q13.5-1 Assuming Limited Overseas Supply is in force :
Q1 : Can units at sea always turn face-up and trace to whatever oil they like?
Q2 : How do units at sea trace to an oil?
Q3 : Is their "sea portion" considered used up so they must trace a basic path?

Answer: Units at sea are always in supply so they do not have to trace to oil, and can access any oil the country might have anywhere.
Date 09/04/2007
Paul
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Those FAQ... I should always read them before quoting RAW... Thanks Paul.

Anyway, the RTB bug is there...
Peter
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

But you must be able

So ships and carrier planes at sea should trace a path to an oil resource. The supply rule isn't the same as this one...
I fixed the problem with units returning to base not becoming disorganized for version 2.1.0.8.

I guess I need a clearer statement of the other problem(s).
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

But you must be able

I fixed the problem with units returning to base not becoming disorganized for version 2.1.0.8.

That last one is easy: there is no bug there (see the post made by Paul)...
Peter
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

But you must be able

That last one is easy: there is no bug there (see the post made by Paul)...
Okay, thanks.[&o]
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Larry Smith

Post by Larry Smith »

Thanks for the fix. Perhaps there was a bug earlier - now fixed - that was forcing me to set CP to reorganize ships at sea, or maybe I just remember it wrong. Maybe it was an error with CWiF that I'm remembering. Nice to have that cleared up, too.

Return to “Tech Support”