No screenshot

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

gladiatt

No screenshot

Post by gladiatt »

How in the hell could be explain that screenshot can't be taken from WitW ?
Using the "print screen" key, and opening paint, i manage to have a screenshot of my desk...but trying with the game, nada, nothing, nichts !
Using Xnview, first of all so many hotkeys are used by the game that my key by default could not work. At least after near an hour reading the manual, it seem F8 is not used in the game. I take this key for capture...and the only thing i take for screenshot is an bacl screen...
Is there so many shield on this game that this simples ways of having screnshot can't work ?
Or am i just plain stupid and i can send back the game to my provider ?
bairdlander2

RE: No screenshot

Post by bairdlander2 »

Try snipping tool...works for me fine
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Print screen in window mode should work just fine. There could be a problem in full screen mode.

There were several threads with suggestions on this matter. Ex. tm.asp?m=3760403
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
gladiatt

Post by gladiatt »

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

Try snipping tool...works for me fine

It don't help [:(]
gladiatt

Post by gladiatt »

ORIGINAL: Helpless

Print screen in window mode should work just fine. There could be a problem in full screen mode.

There were several threads with suggestions on this matter. Ex. tm.asp?m=3760403

Ok, window mode allow the use of "print screen" key.
But i am unable to see the bottom of the window [:@]
and there is no menu to edit the size of the window.

And unable to understand how this damn game work.
I thought genuisly that beeing able to play WitP would mean being able to understand an other Gary Grigsby game.
SO i was wrong.
Back to other things, maybe i could find something interesting to do rather than games.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

what's you're operating system?
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

Back to other things, maybe i could find something interesting to do rather than games.

I would suggest learning how operating systems work.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Ok, window mode allow the use of "print screen" key.
But i am unable to see the bottom of the window [:@]
and there is no menu to edit the size of the window.

And unable to understand how this damn game work.
I thought genuisly that beeing able to play WitP would mean being able to understand an other Gary Grigsby game.
SO i was wrong.

I have a mac but I use PC's at work. The best bet for screen shots for PC is one of the several freeware applications you can download and install. For the Mac the normal CMD-SH-4 and stretch the rubber band works a treat.

As for "how this damn game work", try the recent link to all the many tutorials that have been posted. And for that matter, have you watched and then replayed yourself the set of tutorial videos that came with the game?

Here is the link that was posted of all the known tutorials:

tm.asp?m=3964247

There should be plenty there to help. And the one sheet helpers at the back of the players guide are really helpful to have printed out to refer to for "how do I do that"? questions. It's got a steep learning curve but it's a deep game. Start with small scenarios and work up and it's very manageable.
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
gladiatt

Post by gladiatt »

i had put the toolbar on the side of my desk, so the enitre window of the game can be seen.
and when i use Xnview, or Printscreen key and paste on paint, or use snipptool, here is the fabulous screenshot that is taken :

so very hard in those conditions to ask help

and unable to put a screenshot on my message [:o]
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: gladiatt

i had put the toolbar on the side of my desk, so the enitre window of the game can be seen.
and when i use Xnview, or Printscreen key and paste on paint, or use snipptool, here is the fabulous screenshot that is taken :

so very hard in those conditions to ask help

and unable to put a screenshot on my message [:o]

When you post a reply put a check mark in the Embed picture in post box located below the text entry area and then your pic should show in the message. (though for some reason I had difficulty attaching picture this time and had to edit message to get it attached).

I was also not able to use print screen to capture the screen and I had same issue with windowed mode not showing the whole game screen but when I moved my tool bar to the side and then used the windows maximize button, the whole screen did show without trimming.

Thanks
Rick

Attachments
windowedfullscrn.jpg
windowedfullscrn.jpg (309.29 KiB) Viewed 63 times

Return to “Tech Support”