Optimization?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Texican

Optimization?

Post by Texican »

I have a new, excellent computer system, Windows 10, and this game does not run optimally. Loads fast enough, but when I click on a map or an icon, I can count to 5, slowly, before change pops up. And that's even setting the scroll delay down to 1 or 0.

Any ways to get this game to run more smoothly?

Thanks.
atheory

RE: Optimization?

Post by atheory »

yea, there are threads covering switches in the Tech support area.

However, if you open the properties of your desktop shortcut icon (if you don't have one, create it)

In the target section you'll see the Target path of the .exe.

example

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe"

at the end of it, you can add switches such as
-deepColor -px1366 -py768 -archive -altFont -w -f

try -deepColor first.

So the entire line would like this

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -deepColor

hit apply and open'er up.
Leandros

Post by Leandros »

ORIGINAL: Texican

I have a new, excellent computer system, Windows 10, and this game does not run optimally. Loads fast enough, but when I click on a map or an icon, I can count to 5, slowly, before change pops up. And that's even setting the scroll delay down to 1 or 0.

Any ways to get this game to run more smoothly?

Thanks.

I'v had the same problems since I started to play WitP. None of the suggestions put forth in the diecussions here has helped me.

Hope it works out for you.

Fred
River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion - www.fredleander.com
Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D3 ... rw_dp_labf
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

Try to add -dd_sw command line switch too. It forces render in software more and apparently overcomes some video problems. I had similar problems to yours (slow reaction and screen rendering) and it helped me immensely
Ambassador

Post by Ambassador »

Do you have a multicore ? When I bought a new computer with 4 cores, I experienced the same problem. Try using the single CPU commands.
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

TRUE< The switches work FANTASTICALLY, find the right combo for you, should not be hard. remember to leave spaces etc.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: Ambassador

Do you have a multicore ? When I bought a new computer with 4 cores, I experienced the same problem. Try using the single CPU commands.

I just built an 8 core 4.7ghz beast and have had NO issues whatsoever form the multiple cores.
Running Win7 on it.

I had slow scrolling issues on my Win8.1 laptop that the -deepColor switch fixed and after upgrading it to Win10 I still have no problems.
Hans

pws1225

Post by pws1225 »

If the switches don't work for you, you may also want to try running the game in compatibility mode. This is how I cleared up similar problems after upgrading my machine from Win 7 to Win 10.
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Windows 7 is my solution. [:D]
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Ambassador

Post by Ambassador »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

I just built an 8 core 4.7ghz beast and have had NO issues whatsoever form the multiple cores.
Running Win7 on it.

I had slow scrolling issues on my Win8.1 laptop that the -deepColor switch fixed and after upgrading it to Win10 I still have no problems.
It was under Vista, and in my case I tried different combinations. Those without -cpu did not work, even with -deepColor. I guess much depends on the details.

Haven't modified the lines since installing Win10 though.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Running Win7 on it.

It was under Vista, and in my case I tried different combinations. Those without -cpu did not work, even with -deepColor. I guess much depends on the details.

Did you try -SingleCpuOrders?
Ambassador

Post by Ambassador »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Running Win7 on it.

Did you try -SingleCpuOrders?
I don't remember trying this one, but it worked very well with -cpu2, 3 and 4. I'm under the impression that what slows the turn resolution is the "thing" between the screen and the chair (I like to read each message).[;)]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”