Scenario/MOD reviews

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jakla1027

Scenario/MOD reviews

Post by jakla1027 »

Can someone, or a group of people add Scenario or Mod reviews here on the forums?

I know there are a lot of scenarios and mods out there. But I don't really have a clue on what each mod does or adds. I know the related Mod thread usually tell some info but not much. I'm mainly looking and hoping someone could do a review or a preview of these Mods/scenario.

In the fashion that you can get a review of a new video game, movie, or book before you decide to spend money on it. (even though money isn't the issue here, there free mods after all[:D]) I hope this makes sense and some people who have played or made the scenarios/mods can give a good description and review of what the Mod is and how it varies from stock game.

The best example I can find would be paradigmblue's Focus Pacific Beta Mod. His first post in that Mod thread (I feel) does a really nice job of explaining what the MOD is, what features it has, what it changes, etc. You know what your getting right at the start of the thread, and it is well written. Other Mods don't really seem to have a summary of what the Mod is.

So could we get a thread that could list the numerous Mods/scenarios, and then review, preview, and summarize the mods/scenarios? I think this would be a great addition to the communities great work on this game.

If anyone (or ones) can do this that be great! [&o]
John 3rd

RE: Scenario/MOD reviews

Post by John 3rd »

If you click on my footer hot link, you can go to my web site and read detailed descriptions of Treaty Mod, Reluctant Admiral, Between the Storms, and Between the Storms Lite.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Big B

RE: Scenario/MOD reviews

Post by Big B »

ORIGINAL: jakla1027
... people who have played or made the scenarios/mods can give a good description and review of what the Mod is and how it varies from stock game.

Ok, the link to my website is in my sig, I'll just post the intro in the Design Notes here:
Introduction –
I was a member of the Henderson Field Designs AE Development team.
With that experience, and some knowledge of the development of WitP:AE, I undertook to design my own mod, adding to the mod experience I had in AE's predecessor - War in the Pacific:The Struggle Against Japan 1941-1945.
B-Mod is a stock OOB based mod, whose main purpose is to overhaul key unit stats for more historically probable outcomes, and thereby hopefully produce a more realistic game, without major alteration or additions to the stock Order Of Battle.

The areas of greatest attention have been paid to warship stats and air combat. Some land unit details have also been changed – most notably Nationalist China (in an effort to more accurately reproduce the long bloody stalemate there).

The objective has not been to produce more 'game-balance' as a wargame, it is instead to try to more accurately portray the units of the stock game, this has directly led to changes (enhancements) uniformly for both sides.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”