C O O K IE Z!..

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Dabrion

C O O K IE Z!..

Post by Dabrion »

[ left for further derogatory introduction, to be inserted at times when I'm not drunk ]

I have this date marked im calendar, any the picture reminding me of the event is:

So hey.. did you win a Paralympics and I wasn't invited for the celebrations?! I'd consider that rude!
Better assume it's something else..

So yea.. a couple of years ago (ANNO 1713) an effort was taken to implement the fine game of "World of Flames", a special tradition of wargaming stemming from the land of Oz, such that it would be accessible to people who could only use computers (that is what I learn from the memo-icon I left to remember me of this date).

SO what the hell is this and where are we ?!
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
juntoalmar

RE: C O O K IE Z!..

Post by juntoalmar »

Fantastic, a troll looking for attention. Get a cookie, son.
(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Read the forum and all will be revealed.
Paul
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

all of it? :D
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

ORIGINAL: juntoalmar

Fantastic, a troll looking for attention. Get a cookie, son.

at 179 posts you should not discuss trolling the Matrix Games forums. NExt in Queue for 500+ Posts?

.. preferably with an executive summary of the failure that was the last .. decade?

p.s.: (en espanol) los commentenra'os ares tres <unintellligeble> y sexy! Los Blogos al also tres piqutres mos des languas des <lifeforms we can not communicate with>. Andale!
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

Hay Dab,

You must have been delirious, as your remarks do not even reach your peak of vileness [8D]

Haven't seen you in a while, bored by other things - coming back to what really matters?

cheers,
juntoalmar

Post by juntoalmar »

ORIGINAL: Dabrion

at 179 posts you should not discuss trolling the Matrix Games forums. NExt in Queue for 500+ Posts?

From silly post to ridiculous personal attack related to the amount of posts in the forum. Well done! You have my attention.

(meanwhile I enjoy playing MWiF [:'(] )
(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

So yea.. a couple of years ago (ANNO 1713) an effort was taken to implement the fine game of "World of Flames", a special tradition of wargaming stemming from the land of Oz, such that it would be accessible to people who could only use computers (that is what I learn from the memo-icon I left to remember me of this date).
I'm really sorry to hear of your disability. Was it from birth or did it result from an injury? I'll keep you in my prayers.
Ronnie
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

Hi Dabrion,

You're back just in time for a new public beta patch (2.1.0.3).
Richard
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: cataphract88

Hi Dabrion,

You're back just in time for a new public beta patch (2.1.0.3).

+1... [:D]
Peter
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

.. preferably with an executive summary of the failure that was the last .. decade?

p.s.: (en espanol) los commentenra'os ares tres <unintellligeble> y sexy! Los Blogos al also tres piqutres mos des languas des <lifeforms we can not communicate with>. Andale!

Please lets not start counting posts again.

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

public beta patch (2.1.0.3).

Might give it a shot over the weekend when I find the time. Is this still RAW7@2003ish?

Why is this still beta? Is there still the inner circle of beta tester thing going? What are the current backlog issues, have AI, Netplay or the crucial balancing issues been addressed yet? What about supply-bermuda-triangles and other mysticalities?
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

Filthy troll.
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

public beta patch (2.1.0.3).

Might give it a shot over the weekend when I find the time. Is this still RAW7@2003ish?

Why is this still beta? Is there still the inner circle of beta tester thing going? What are the current backlog issues, have AI, Netplay or the crucial balancing issues been addressed yet? What about supply-bermuda-triangles and other mysticalities?

RAW7, as far as I know.

Originally there was talk of releasing 2.1.0.3 as an official release, but looking in the 'Tech Forum' there is already mention of newer 2.1.0.4 and 2.1.0.5 beta versions.

Yes, there is a 'beta group' (the latest patches mentioned above are not yet publicly available), but this is pretty standard (from my gaming experience).

AI has still to be developed, but a lot of work has gone into Netplay and supply etc.
Richard
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

From what I have read the rules are RAW7@2003ish since there have been some new rule inclusions.

Why is this still beta? From what I understand the game still has bugs that need ironing out (Supply issues, AI, Play by email, and multi-player modes).

I'm not sure about the naval issues. There were several issues that had not been addressed on release of the game (ASW units and ASW pre-fire as examples).

And to my knowledge the USA cannot broker a peace treaty between the USSR and Japan.

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)

Return to “World in Flames”