air dropping fuel

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Manstein63

air dropping fuel

Post by Manstein63 »

I have noticed that when I am performing air drops only a % is actually delivered to the target which is fine when you don't have an airfield, but its also happening when I am dropping fuel into an airbase. is this WAD?
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
Peltonx

RE: air dropping fuel

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Manstein63

I have noticed that when I am performing air drops only a % is actually delivered to the target which is fine when you don't have an airfield, but its also happening when I am dropping fuel into an airbase. is this WAD?

The AB has to be in hexes you controlled at start of turn, not hexes u flipped
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

ORIGINAL: Pelton

Pelton thanks for the response.

Unfortunately that is my problem, the airbase was moved on my last turn so its in an area that is under my control this turn & it hasn't moved but when I fly fuel to it I am still losing between 30 & 50% of the cargo. I am running with the latest patch (or at least that is what is showing) so I don't understand why it is happening when the patch notes say that it shouldn't.
Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Manstein63

ORIGINAL: Pelton

Pelton thanks for the response.

Unfortunately that is my problem, the airbase was moved on my last turn so its in an area that is under my control this turn & it hasn't moved but when I fly fuel to it I am still losing between 30 & 50% of the cargo. I am running with the latest patch (or at least that is what is showing) so I don't understand why it is happening when the patch notes say that it shouldn't.
Manstein63

It was a bug with .06.

.07 fixed it.

all the games I have going it is working more me.

You both updated to .07?
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
morvael

Post by morvael »

I'm doing drops regularly on .07 and it works as designed.
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

Yes we have both updated to the latest hotfix, I choose the air supply button pick the target hex & choose the airfield as the recipient then I allocate the transports & execute the mission & it shows that only a percentage of the payload arrives, would it be because I am doing night drops that its all not getting delivered?
Manstein63

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
morvael

Post by morvael »

Why are you selecting airfield as recipient not a unit in the same or adjacent hex as the airfield? That's the usual method of refueling motorized units. Are you trying to do airhead supply?

edit: is your airfield in correc terrain to operate?
maybe some screens (with hex control on)?
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

Yes I am trying to do airhead supply & that's how I thought that it should be done flying to the airfield rather than the unit

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
morvael

Post by morvael »

Yes, that's correct for airhead.

Fixed two problems for next patch:
1) To distribute airhead supply air base must not have moved (unlike for other drops). That will be removed.
2) Distribution was sub optimal because 50% was reserved for fuel, even if units wanted less fuel. Now it will properly divide cargo between supplies and fuel according to needs, and nothing will be wasted.

Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

Thank you Morvael very much appreciated
Manstein63

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)

Return to “Tech Support”