GD1938 Game 19

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

baloo7777

RE: GD1938 Game 19

Post by baloo7777 »

And so has the United States of America destroyed all credibility as a Freedom loving democratic nation, in one of histories darkest hours, and by her surprise attack on the French and British forces of peace, brought her people low with disgrace for having allowed their once proud nation to be run by a militaristic warmongering Junta, as she descends into the dark night of martial law and falsehood masked as truth. Nations may fall, but people will never forget, and we who are her present targets, shall continue to fight on against this heinous oppression that shall now spread throughout the world. But hope is not lost and it very well may be that her own people will rise up and throw off the mantle of shame she now wears, and restore her to the bright star of western democracy she once was. America, you have decided that gunboat diplomacy will be your calling card, rather then peaceful negotiation. How long before the rule of law is suspended and the darkness all that remains?
JRR
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

You Tories do have a sense of drama!

We are still a democratic republic, but now we are at war with you. Why would we be ashamed of going to war with a nation which failed to join in the defeat of Japan, but was quick to sweep up the unoccupied territories when we defeated the enemy. You have stood by while we defended Scandinavia. You stood by while we defeated Japan. You placed attack transports on the Great Lakes.

You have had some problems in the battles, but we are sure once you draft the Kings, Dukes, Earls, Princes and Lords you will have a fighting chance. Your empire is going away, and you will be a better people without this burden. The French and British have ruled over their "Empires" and "Colonies" long enough. If you want to keep them we recommend you fight for them, and not count on the Yankees bending their knees to your Lord and Master. We were done with Kings long ago.

Your cousins!
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Italy continues to break up Soviet armor two huge groups of Soviet T34's and KV1's are destroyed for little loss.

We accepted peace terms of course upon hearing of the heinous crimes committed by the British such as sailing unarmed transports on lakes and not getting involved in wars we were as outraged as the American people must be. How do you Americans put it never mind liberty and freedom give me Canada.[;)]
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Alas, our Italian is not good enough, but the sentiment is surely well known to the Duce who has taken so many of his neighbors to his heart.

The Troop transport were naval vessels, and are part of the reason the United States fortified its border with Canada so early in the war. Bombers based there constituted another reason. This is not the first conflict the Yankees have had with the British, and, yes, the American people are supportive of the conflict. The Canadian people showed very little remorse at severing ties with the Monarchy. We do not expect the Indians, Australians, Africans and other people of the Dominions will either.

We are glad that the diplomatic aspect was resolved. We did not intend war with Italy but alliances are so entangling.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

The Royal Navy was able to sink 3 Task Forces loaded with troops along with 8 DD's and 3 SS's with minimal losses in daring raids against the more numerous and better experienced USN. Not much in comparison to its losses in the surprise attack, but a small victory will help restore some morale to the UK.
JRR
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

The Royal Navy is fighting well. The 24 Infantry and Marine battalions lost on transports had to leave Japan when the
DOW occurred. This month saw the largest British/French convoy losses I have ever seen 15,159 supply, and 12 transports.
British and French supply will be under great pressure as the USN has a massive submarine force deployed.

GBFR Losses :
3 R1
66 R2
2 F1
26 DD2
3 SMG1
20 SS1
12 SS2
16 SS3
7 Horse
1 HMG
14 GPMG2
2 Mort1
2 RPG1
1 STF1
1 STF2
2 BB1
1 DB3
4 CL1
1 NavFgt3
2 TB2
10 Militia
3 CA1
1 CVCour
3 D.520

USA Losses :
9 SS3
1 HvTnk2
1 GPMG2
1 NP2
1 TBD
1 P40E

We still have not gotten to Halifax or Quebec. We did reduce and capture Brunei.

Attachments
G19T51Brunei.jpg
G19T51Brunei.jpg (55.25 KiB) Viewed 150 times
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

China is moving to engagement with French and British Imperial and Colonial troops in the Far East.

GBFR Losses :
25 R2
1 LtTrk
3 IG1
4 Horse
3 GPMG2
1 Mort1
1 ATG2
1 ATG3

Chinese Losses :
1 HvTnk2

We are engaging the enemy in Southeast Asia.

Attachments
G19T51Saigon.jpg
G19T51Saigon.jpg (69.63 KiB) Viewed 150 times
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Another column of Westward moving Soviet tanks turned to heaps of twisted metal. But there seems no end to them the Italians are pushing North now to assist our hard pressed German allies. Italy would attempt diplomacy but the Soviets are here for conquest so at least we know where we stand.

FDR stated and my English is not good that Italy invaded its neighbors as the USA has invaded Canada, not so all nations were brought to the Confederation of Southern European nations via the ballot box every single nation in the confederation is a member willingly with its peoples taking part in fair elections. Italy has crossed no border without the express permission of that nation. With the exception of the Soviet Union who threatened war and did not withdraw that threat. It seems that the light of democracy only shines in this small part of the globe. It has been extinguished elsewhere.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Ah, but democracy has little to do with war and peace. Democrats have made war since ancient Greece.

Certainly both sides in that fraternal struggle, the American Civil War considered themselves democratic republics.

No, Duce, you may be a good neighbor, but your democratic credentials are a bit fuzzy.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Claiming you defeated Japan and thus deserve all the property left when they surrendered is horsecrap. It is unclaimed and belongs to whom ever reaches it first. Starting a war over Persia with Britain just proves you are no trustworthy ally.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Just a quick comment on the nature of democracies "A Nation that has no regard for the Borders of its neighbors will have even less regard for the rights of its citizens" the Junta in Washington should think on that.

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

The British were not my ally, they never fought by my side.

I told GB and the Soviet Union to stop taking unclaimed land, or I would go to war with them. I did not say they were immoral, or naughty. The British knew they were taking a chance when they took Teheran, the Persian oil resource, and the tank factory. You are totally correct, these hexes are now British ... most of Canada is not. I am aware of the rules of hex ownership.

This is going a bit far for AAR trash talk. I wanted a fight with a naval power, and GB provided a handle for a declaration. Please be aware that I enjoy as much realism in this game as possible, and lying about your reasons for going to war is as realistic as it can be.

The British took the risk, saying that the USA could "Do what you gotta do". I did what I warned I would do.

Attachments
G19T49MsFromGBFR.jpg
G19T49MsFromGBFR.jpg (42.11 KiB) Viewed 150 times
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Yes well just having some fun with the USA invades Canada (didn't South Park make movie with that premise) and yes I guess in the absence of a Axis you have to have a War with somebody, trouble with Game 19 is that I had to for a short space of time take over France, as we had a player drop out, which was in a bad way I managed to turn it around and push the Germans back to there own borders. Then it struck me what am I doing I am part of the Axis I just defeated my ally. Well I handed the French over in good shape to the British but the Germans were shot to hell, so ever since then game 19 has been kind of through the looking glass. Jeff and Chuck are quite right of course the game should be viewed now as having a couple of cracking what if wars that we should just enjoy. So the US excuse for war is thin, wars have been started for less.

I do wish players would not start games then drop out very bad form.

baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

So, I can say with assurance that, "If you play with players (much) better than you, you will get better"...it seems to work as a musician (along with the occasional pissed look when I hit a wrong note at a paying gig), and I believe it will work here in these games too. I will do something dumb (often/sometimes/once in a while) and then (with the occasional player reminding or telling me I made a mistake in play) I am suddenly a better opponent. This is why I won't quit a game, even when it's no longer possible to win (unless the other players want to call it). Also, as I enjoy the posturing, whining, standing on the proverbial soapbox, all in the name of diplomacy, that this mod allows, I apologize for getting a little carried away with it. I will try to tone it down a bit!
JRR
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Well you won't get a better teacher than cpdeyoung he will certainly bring on the pain, I know he has a extensive vocabulary but apparently mercy is not in it.[:D]

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Quebec was occupied, but Halifax still holds. Saigon still holds too.

Here are the results of battles this turn.
US Losses :
4 R2
3 DD2
1 ENG2
1 SS2
5 SS3
2 HvTnk2
1 RPG1
1 P40E

GBFR Losses :
5 R1
72 R2
1 SupTrk
4 LtTrk
11 MedTrk
4 F1
1 DD1
13 DD2
1 ART2
1 CV
1 CVL
3 SMG1
3 SMG2
1 SmCargo
27 SS3
17 Horse
9 GPMG2
5 Mortar1
3 ATR
4 RPG1
2 STF2
2 ATG4
3 DB3
3 NF3
3 TB2
13 Milita
9 TT3
2 Train

Chinese Losses :
45 R2
3 HvTnk2
1 HMG
9 GPMG1
1 GPMG2
11 Cav2
6 Conscripts

GBFR Losses :
32 R2
1 SupTrk
1 LtTrk
4 MedTrk
1 Art2
3 LT2
3 IG1
2 Horse
1 Flak20
6 GPMG2
2 Mortar2
2 ATR
7 Stf2
2 ATG3
2 ATG4
6 TnkDest1
1 HT
1 Milita
2 NP2
1 Matilda2
2 MS.406
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

There is no turn in the folder.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

Naval forces of the Franco-British Alliance sank 10 DD's and 10 SS's this turn. A small victory. Still it's better than not being able to counter-attack at all. The losses are a drop in the bucket for the US Navy, but they still help to keep our chaps in good spirits.
JRR
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Halifax, Jamaica and Hanoi fall.

Here is the butcher's bill for the month :

USA Losses :
3 R2
6 DD2
1 SS2
5 SS3
1 CL2
1 NavF3

FRGB Losses :
63 R2
1 LtTrk
7 MdTrk
5 F1
9 DD1
20 DD2
1 Art2
3 SMG1
6 SMG2
3 SmCargo
1 MdCargo
14 SS1
9 SS2
24 SS3
7 Horse
1 Flak20
1 HMG
13 GPMG2
7 Mortar1
1 ATR
6 RPG1
5 Staff2
1 ATG4
1 BB2
1 BB3
1 DB2
1 HfTrk
2 CL1
25 Miltia
1 CA1
1 BC1
3 Spit1
3 Train

Chinese Losses :
9 R2
2 HvTnk2
1 Conscript

FRGB Losses :
38 R2
1 LtTrk
4 F1
2 Art2
1 LT2
4 SMG1
2 IG1
1 MdCargo
3 Horse
1 Flak20
10 GPMG2
2 Mortar1
1 Mortar2
1 RPG1
9 Staff1
1 ATG3
1 ATG4
7 TD1
1 NP1
4 Hudson
1 Valentine1
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

The Italians cut the supply lines of the Soviet armored thrust that had reached the suburbs of Berlin, the Italians pushed north to the Baltic capturing Danzig, some elements of the Soviet tactical air force were also based at Danzig these were destroyed. There will be a price to pay we are sure but a small price to pay if it saves Berlin.

Return to “After Action Reports”