Helicopters and aircraft carriers

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
josant

Helicopters and aircraft carriers

Post by josant »

Currently helicopters can't land in aircraft carriers, would be possible that in Toaw IV, helicopters have this feature?
JA
LOK_32MK

RE: Helicopters and aircraft carriers

Post by LOK_32MK »

Actually, you can base helos on aircraft carriers but you need to trick the editor and use the naval aircraft icon. However, they are of limited value. They do not really have anti ship capabilities and of course, there are no submarines or ASW.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: LOK_32MK
Actually, you can base helos on aircraft carriers but you need to trick the editor and use the naval aircraft icon. However, they are of limited value. They do not really have anti ship capabilities and of course, there are no submarines or ASW.
I really like the idea of allowing helicopters on aircraft carriers, especially for the later scenarios, the more modern scenarios.
I don't have any proof and I'd have to do some small tests to find out but I think helicopters have a recon value that works even at
sea. And even if they did nothing at all it's pretty cool for chrome and bells and whistles.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
LOK_32MK

Post by LOK_32MK »

here is an example of a helo unit that is attached to an aircraft carrier:

Attachments
HelosonCVN.jpg
HelosonCVN.jpg (22.57 KiB) Viewed 92 times
josant

Post by josant »

Yes, you can change the icon of the helicopters units to a naval air icon, but if you do this, then the unit can´t move in land terrain (as a helicoter unit icon do) only can move between airports or aircraft carriers and this is a thing that I don´t want.
JA
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

What if it didn't have the Sea Harriers (or any conventional a/c) in the unit??
Meum est propisitum in taberna mori
josant

Post by josant »

ORIGINAL: SMK-at-work

What if it didn't have the Sea Harriers (or any conventional a/c) in the unit??

I don't know, I don't tested it yet.
JA

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”